• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Probably a pipe dream, but...

Snow White

I have made an appointment to see Mr El-Hassani at the Chelsfield on Thursday. I was rejected by my pct for not having a high enough bmi. My mum has said she would possibly take on the financing for private. Basically, I would need to do a loan or something and she would pay the payments. It's complicated because she is in the USA and I have terrible credit. So, looking into an American based medical loan. It's confusing.

I am hoping that it works out. I may try changing gp's as well because mine is totally unwilling to refer me unless I gain weight. I think based on depression and many other issues I should be eligible with the right referral letter. Frustrating!!!

Hope everyone is having a lovely holiday weekend!!

XXXXX

awww good luck Mel :) xxx

Other people have has NHS funding weighing less than you so your doctor doesn't seem to have your health at heart. Perhaps trying a different doctor might be the answer. Good luck.

Has your doctor sent you to Queen Marys to see the dietician yet. I saw a nice American lady there and explained the diets i had been on and said i wanted surgery and she sent my doctors a letter saying i should have an operation. Its mainly a cost issue with GPs.

No he won't send me anywhere. I have been through the weight management in surgery person. I. Asked several times to be referred. When I was first rejected I asked about further testing for co morbidity. He refused and said the best option was go on an eating binge for a few weeks and gain enough weight to make the Bmi. He even have me weight gain advice, like double cream instead of milk in coffee!

Snow White said:
I was just re refered. So, hoping it will happen this time.

Yay!!! Good luck! X

Snow White said:
Thanks! Fingers crossed xxxxx

I have mine crossed for you too. By ten days they will look like well done crinkle cut chips lol

Back