• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What BMI for surgery?

RaeB

Hi all. I just wondered what BMI levels are 'accepted' for surgery. I guess NHS funding is not easy, but when paying privately, just how low will they go and take your money? My BMI is 34 and I have an appointment to see a surgeon to discuss bypass in a couple of weeks.

Can I also say you are all very inspirational and all your comments are really helping me.

Hey, although I'm in Ireland so no nhs here but I am paying privately and my bmi is 35. I'm only 5ft and 12.5 stone it's my height that gets me all the time. I am travelling to Belgium and they are very supportive of it as is my own GP. I have high bp too. So I think it's different if you were not a private client. But you are and only you can say if your comfortable or not with a bmi of 34, I know I am totally sick and tired of being overweight even if my bmi is 35 it's still too high for my height. Maybe a trip to your GP first to get some advice. Good luck xxx

I have a bmi of 29.5 some days 30 !!! But i have been bigger, highest BMI being 33. THG are doing my band on the 23rd July at Dolan park.. Yay.. I ain't wait to get it started.. They say prevention is better then cure.

Back