• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Problems eating after second fill

Julie Scott

Hi Guys

I seem to be having problems eating even basic foods... I had my 2nd fill 29/9/17, adding 1ml... so now at 4.8ml. Since the fill I have had pain whilst trying to eat. I get a pain at my band and whilst im east i have a feeling that the food is getting backed up, feel like it could back up at anytime. I have kept on fluids for a bit longer but have tried eating normal last night and suffered. I find that if i have a coffee/tea beforehand i can eat better.. ish. Its nearly a week since the fill and im not losing much weight. I think my body has gone into starvation mode. I dont want the fluid taken out as i know i just have to get used to it but its sooooooo hard at the moment. I know u aren't supposed to have water with food but it helps it pass thru easier. Any advice would be great.

Thanx in anticipation

Julie x

You need to get back in touch with your team @Julie Scott , this is NOT something you should just get used to at all.

You may have slightly too much in your band and a tiny defill could make all the difference, please don't continue to suffer x

Please contact your provider and take the advice from @Mazza and @Oopseydaisy they know what they are talking about.

Good luck.

Hey bander friend, glad to see another on here.

How you getting on with your band? Your weight loss is great!!

If yoy dont mind me asking, when did u have ur op?

I am still waiting for my 2nd fill. Did u feel much restriction after ur first fill?

Xxxx

Hi @Nickynooo .. i had my op 30th june... 1st fill was done on the 8th August... yes had some restriction there.. my nurse advised me she is abit more agressive with the fills than most.. but it was fine... 2nd fill... had major problems as u can see... once i had the fluid taken out it was a few days before i managed to eat normal food... I did put a bit of weight back on once i started eating food, which my dietitian advised me would happen... I got weighed at my docs and she told me i had lost that weight and extra.. so pleased. I have an appointment next friday for another adjustment but gonna speak to the dietitian tmrw and see what they advise. Food is sticking still so dont think it has shrank that much to warrant another fill so soon... but will see what they say.

@Hannah2 - seem to be doing ok at the mo... still not totally getting the 20/20 thing... hard... but onwards and upwards... we must succeed... x

Hi @Nickynooo .. i had my op 30th june... 1st fill was done on the 8th August... yes had some restriction there.. my nurse advised me she is abit more agressive with the fills than most.. but it was fine... 2nd fill... had major problems as u can see... once i had the fluid taken out it was a few days before i managed to eat normal food... I did put a bit of weight back on once i started eating food, which my dietitian advised me would happen... I got weighed at my docs and she told me i had lost that weight and extra.. so pleased. I have an appointment next friday for another adjustment but gonna speak to the dietitian tmrw and see what they advise. Food is sticking still so dont think it has shrank that much to warrant another fill so soon... but will see what they say.

@Hannah2 - seem to be doing ok at the mo... still not totally getting the 20/20 thing... hard... but onwards and upwards... we must succeed... x

Thats good, well done for losing the weight u put on..i weigh myself often and my scales go up n down like a yoyo. I had my op 3 weeks after you and only had 1 adjustment but going back in 2 weeks time so looking forward to that.

What types of foods r u eatting? Xxx

Back