• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Procedure for Sunderland

hiya all, i got referred for surgery jan 2010 and got my 1st group appointment in sunderland march 17th :) id just like to say thanks as reading through all this made me at ease with the whole process as i was very worried lol x

hiya all, i got referred for surgery jan 2010 and got my 1st group appointment in sunderland march 17th :) id just like to say thanks as reading through all this made me at ease with the whole process as i was very worried lol x

Hi Gemma, please dont be worried i am doing the group seminar at the hospital on march 17th so i will be there if you want to chat after, we also have a support group in the education centre once a month, this months is march 4th TONIGHT 6-8pm if you want to come along and meet a few patients both banders and bypassers will be there, and also some waiting for surgery just like your self.

Liz x

Hi Gemma

Good luck for your appt. and hope tp see you at the support group soon :)

hiya, just got your message.. i wish i could attend groups but i live in hartlepool and dont drive i had to torture my dad to take me on the 17th he wasnt happy about it lol but he knows how much it means to me, is there any way i can be turned down in this process? x

hiya, just got your message.. i wish i could attend groups but i live in hartlepool and dont drive i had to torture my dad to take me on the 17th he wasnt happy about it lol but he knows how much it means to me, is there any way i can be turned down in this process? x

your appointment on the 17th is a information group session, after that at your next appoointment the surgeon will asses your situation and advise which op will be best for you, if you follow there instruction then its pretty straight forward, from seminar/group session it takes 18 months from then to having surgery x

shes back on ward and sleepy Yvonne the nurse says shes ok when i rang x

thanks :) i really hope i get the bypass as i think it will be better for me .. look forward to seeing you on the 17th :)

yeah come up and let me know who you are ok, i wiill be with Ken a bypass patient on the 17th and he will be happy to answer any bypass questions that you may have.

Liz x

Hi all, just to let you know I am back home in the land of the living, and suffering like hell from wind, otherwise AOK. Managed to put on 2kgs in hosptial but have been assured that is just fluid retention and is normal!

welcome back Lesley xxx

hi every1 its michael. since it changed to wls i couldnt find this forum glad ive found it now. hows every1 doing? this is a question to any1 whos had a band. do you need to take any medication for the rest of your life or just vitamins? and do you need to go for regular check ups?

I cannot answer your question as I have had a bypass, however, I am sure that Liz will be along soon and she should be able to answer all your questions.

hi every1 its michael. since it changed to wls i couldnt find this forum glad ive found it now. hows every1 doing? this is a question to any1 whos had a band. do you need to take any medication for the rest of your life or just vitamins? and do you need to go for regular check ups?

jeez michael its good to hear from u matey i been trying to contact u with no luck as u have no contact details on here, i should of gave ya me mobile when we met up last, the answer to your Q is just a 1 a day multi vitamin hun, yes the hospital send appointments for clinic checks ect xxx

we having a night out at sunderland greyhound stadium MARCH 27TH do u wanna come hun?? :) be great to see you again you can bring any one you want with you. ITS £5 each, Also our next support group meeting is APRIL 29TH at SRH xxx

brill to see u posting if u have a email addy i will mail u my mobile number x

Im already going lol how weird is that. Be good to see you's again. Whos going? my Email address is [email protected] if you email me ill ring you because there is canny bit stuff to tell you before that next saturday

ive emailed you my number Michael giz a bell b4 our night out x

Back