• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Procedure for Sunderland

hi vicky welcome to minis your more than welcome to join us on thursday night x x

I have just been looking into my account and can not believe that I have been a member of this support group for well over a year. My journey officially started in January last year when I asked my GP for help, I am now on the waiting list hoping that my bypass will take place next month. I am sore tempted to phone up and ask what the latest state of play is, does anyone know who would be the best person to call? Mr Balpuhri put me on the list, should I call his secretary or should I call general surgery? Help!!

Hi Lesley

A phone call would not hurt - give it a try?

Good luck!
:)

Lesley ring the secretary she will be the one with the dates ect i would imagine x

yeah Lesley let me know what she says xxxx

Why or why is my life never straight forward and simple, just been on the phone to Mr Small's secretary and despite receiving a call last year confirming that I was being put on the list, it looks like there has been a cock up and I'm still not on, she is now finding my notes and asking Mr Balphurhi when he wants to see me as she can't understand why I was put on the list when I have only seen the consultant once??????:cry:

Why or why is my life never straight forward and simple, just been on the phone to Mr Small's secretary and despite receiving a call last year confirming that I was being put on the list, it looks like there has been a cock up and I'm still not on, she is now finding my notes and asking Mr Balphurhi when he wants to see me as she can't understand why I was put on the list when I have only seen the consultant once??????:cry:

:eek: oh no Lesley what a mix up, i hope this gets sorted out soon, is she gonna call you back today hun ?

:eek: oh no Lesley what a mix up, i hope this gets sorted out soon, is she gonna call you back today hun ?

She doubts it will be today, depends where my notes are apparently, I am trying so hard not to get upset about this nor loose my temper! I may need Kim's contact details to ask for her help, do you have them if needed?

yeah i do i shall email u ok x

Get on to 'em Lesley - i was hoping we would go in together !!
I thought i might have heard by now, as going by the 18 week guidance, surgery should be approx 8th Feb.
Does anyone know how much in advance you get your surgery date at the moment ?

hi jayne i dotn think the 18 week rule stands with wls its appox 1 year from seminar to get through the process to surgery dates x

What's the name of the dietician at Sunderland - i can't remember it at all and can i get hold of her via the main switchboard at the Royal ?

Liz - Mr Small said on 5th Oct that the current waiting list was 18 weeks from going on the list (Lisa's surgery was bang on that too) I'm not too fussed if its not exactly 18 weeks as its taken 3 years to get to this point anyway that a few more weeks seems insignificant !! I just wish i could get the date so i can prepare myself for it.

yeah Jayne i understand your frustration i really do hun as a date finalises it and you can get sorted with work ect fingers crossed its soon for both you and Lesley, you need to ask for maureen boyle dietician from the main switchboard ok hun xxx

Cheers for that Liz. When i spoke to Lisa at the last meeting she said she asked the dietician for the pre op diet sheets a bit earlier so she could try out the two different diets in advance to help her to choose which one to go on ahead her surgery and i thought this would make sense for me too as i'm such a picky sod ! Thought it might help to shift a bit of the xmas weight i've gained too !

thats a good idea jayne maybe she can email you the sheets x

Quick update, I emailed Kim (thanks Liz) and she has responded by confirming that she is on the case, she and the secretary are just waiting for my notes and they will try and get is sorted for me. I made sure that I emailed Kim my notes from the endoscopy where Mr Balpurhi clearly states that I am to be put on the waiting list. So fingers, toes and everything else crossed for tomorrow. I am going out early shopping so that I try and take my mind off the wait. On the plus side, according to the Wii I have lost all the weight I put on over Christmas and also a couple of pounds extra. Anyone know how reliable the wii scales are?

Quick update, I emailed Kim (thanks Liz) and she has responded by confirming that she is on the case, she and the secretary are just waiting for my notes and they will try and get is sorted for me. I made sure that I emailed Kim my notes from the endoscopy where Mr Balpurhi clearly states that I am to be put on the waiting list. So fingers, toes and everything else crossed for tomorrow. I am going out early shopping so that I try and take my mind off the wait. On the plus side, according to the Wii I have lost all the weight I put on over Christmas and also a couple of pounds extra. Anyone know how reliable the wii scales are?

Lesley im glad Kim is on this and is going to help try sort this out for you, i dont use the wii scales but alot tell me there very good, well done on the weight loss xxx

Liz x

Back