• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Procedure for Sunderland

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Well nothing from the hospital today. Jayne has been in touch with the dietician who informed her that the list for Feb has been processed already, so there is now two women ready to raid the fridge/Tescos/anywhere with food! I am so unhappy at the moment it is untrue, I just hope that I get a call to find out what the hell is happening tomorrow! AHHHHH

Lol @ Lesley
Ur gonna have a stroke at this rate Mrs !!
I've just eaten half a Thorntons choc, so had to make OH eat the last 3 to remove temptation. The only dangerous food left in the house now is the last sliver of xmas cake, which i will try and forcefeed him with later !
Welldone with the weightloss considering the stress you're experiencing - you're such a goody two shoes and put me to shame lol
Keep me informed x x

Lol @ Lesley
Ur gonna have a stroke at this rate Mrs !!
I've just eaten half a Thorntons choc, so had to make OH eat the last 3 to remove temptation. The only dangerous food left in the house now is the last sliver of xmas cake, which i will try and forcefeed him with later !
Welldone with the weightloss considering the stress you're experiencing - you're such a goody two shoes and put me to shame lol
Keep me informed x x

Lol, I have absolutely nothing sweet in the house, well except sugar free jelly that OH made for me, not quite the same but hits the spot! As for the xmas cake, I sat and ate the last half before I started back on the diet, no one else was eating it so decided to eat it then it could not longer tempt me, understand my logic?
I am working from home now as the company has gone into administration and the administrators want to keep me on to help the new owners, but they don't know how long that will be for. Great thing is that with being at home I cannot be tempted by stopping for fuel and chocolate, nor all the biscuits/cakes at work! Which is just as well as with the stress I am under now my first stop would be to stuff my face with chocolate. That is how I am able to loose the weight, I am also signing on at the gym tomorrow. I am NOT looking forward to that one, but I must if I want to loose more weight.

Another day down and still nothing from the hospital, Jayne has heard she has managed to get a cancellation on the 23rd of this month. I have emailed Kim the nurse but will have to wait and see. Why does it take so bl**dy long to find some notes!

Hi Lesley ive also heard the good news jane got about getting her date, i hope they find your notes soon hun xx BTW i cant find either of u 2 on FB Xxx

I have pm'd my email address so hopefully you can find me on Facebook, also I feel it absolutely ridiculous that it is now 3 days since I contacted the hospital and no one has been in touch even to say that they haven't forgotten about me!

Update on my situation: Had an email from Kim and she has confirmed that I am on the list (again) and that my operation will be sometime in March. I have emailed her back thanking her and told her that I should be able to take a cancellation also as I work from home.

Update on my situation: Had an email from Kim and she has confirmed that I am on the list (again) and that my operation will be sometime in March. I have emailed her back thanking her and told her that I should be able to take a cancellation also as I work from home.

Ah this is good news Lesley, March isnt to long to wait and cancelations are good as u may get in early, im pleased they have sorted this for you x

No you have to be in on the 8th March cos thats my next appt. Good news in a bad way but I have lost nearly 1 stone in the last week......all due to have poops and pukes lol still feeling dodgy but getting there x

Fab news for Jayne.... if your in longer than 1 day I will come visit lol

No you have to be in on the 8th March cos thats my next appt. Good news in a bad way but I have lost nearly 1 stone in the last week......all due to have poops and pukes lol still feeling dodgy but getting there x

Fab news for Jayne.... if your in longer than 1 day I will come visit lol

Blimey look after yourself, how are you managing with your parents? Well I suppose that is one way to loose weight, bit extreme like. lol.

xx

Lol I persuaded them not to come cos I was ill and didnt want them to catch it ( any excuse) My eldest son is coming to stay tonight and hubby will be home from Poland late tomorrow night.
I know I bet I put it all back on when I start eating again lol. I was like you and ate the last of the xmas cake so I could start my diet lol. Are you focused and back on track now?

Yes I am back on track, lost 12lbs in a week, now I am registered at a gym and had my induction yesterday, went to the pool today and managed 12 lengths. Quite hysterical that since I was a swimming coach/instructor in the Army and a member of the Army swimming team in Hong Kong and Northern Ireland many moons ago and could swim forever!

Bludy hell your really going for it. You will soon be how you were in the army lol. I love Hong Kong most amazing holiday I ever had.

Bludy hell your really going for it. You will soon be how you were in the army lol. I love Hong Kong most amazing holiday I ever had.

I was there for 2 years, hoping one day to get back, but will wait till I am the size I was there originally before I go back, as I won't be able to handle the humidity the size I am now, never mind the 18 hour flight! Having said that I don't know if OH could cope with me being that size again LOL!

Hi everyone, i am not sure if i am posting in the right place but need a bit advice. I was referred in last year and attended the seminar regarding all the options in November. There we heard you generally see the consultant a couple of months later and also the dietician. However i have just recieved an appointment yesterday for the 23rd of March at Ryhope General (?) to see the general surgery nurse. I rang the appointment line to ask about why i was seeing a nurse instead of the consultant and she explained it was still a one to one meeting but they were having to put on these extra clinics with specially trained nurses as they were receiving so many referrals now so couldn't get through them all. I am just a bit concerned i won't get a fair hearing or perhaps they have already decided that i am not going to be accepted> has anyone gone through this before or heard of this happening to someone they know? I have spoken to my friend who happened to be at the same seminar as me in November and she has her appointment with Dr Small three days later.
I am really worried. I did ask the lady on the phone how long the appointment would take and she said they were 20 minute slots so that doesn't seem like a longtime to discuss everything and there has been no mention of the nutritionolist either.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

hi hun i do the seminars with the surgeons and clinic nurses, you will see either kim or Jayne at a Ryhope they are very good and they will discuss everything with you that the surgeons would they will want to discuss your eating habbits ect so they can advise you which op will be best suited to you personally, they will also set you a realistic target of weight they will want you to lose before the next appointment, i do the support group for sunderland hospital our next meeting is in the room you attended your seminar in next thursday at 6pm if you would like to join us, for a friendly coffee and a chat.

thanks

Liz xx

Thank you so much for replying Liz. I've been past myself that i had already been rejected and this was just another way of telling me! I haven't the foggiest where Ryhope hospital is! i tried the aa route planner but it just keeps saying postcode not recognised so hoping i can actually find my way there!
I really will try to get there next Thursday just so i can ask as many ridiculous questions as are running through my mind but feel like i have nobody to ask!
Thanks again. xx

no its not a way of rejection the majority of patients see the bariatric nurse at this stage, Ryhope is being used for clinic time thats all you will be fine please do not worry x it will be good to meet you on thursday (18th) if you can make it x

What postcode are you using? If you put SR2 0NB it should find it (I am a nurse at Cherry Knowle Hospital, which is on the same site, and that's our postcode).

Good luck

Rx

Back