• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein bars/shakes ????

babybell

Does anyone use protein bars or shakes?? just im worried about not getting enough protein in my diet after the op. i know which foods are high protein but if i can have bars or shakes it will be good for when im out or at work.

You wont be able to eat bars just after your op but shakes will be fine. You can save a lot of money by simply adding a couple of teaspoons of skimmed milk powder to soups and coffee and milk shakes etc. There's an awful lot of protein in Marvel and similar brands.

Protein bars make handy snacks to carry in your handbag later on though as do light babybels, cheese strings and Frubes.

Hope that helps.

Kate x

another way to get protien shakes is to order then from your dr. Ask for Fortimel regular they come in different flavours my fav is strawberry but you can have vanillia, chocolate or even summer fruits

I love the New Whey protein bullets in 42g. I also love the high protein cookies from myprotein.com but didn't start eating those until about 12 months post bypass.

Back