• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

protien shakes

Tracey37

Hi everone ,

after having surgery with a gastric sleeve , do we need to do protien shakes or is it just for post-op bypass paients ,

any feed back would be great so confussed with this :confused:

Yes we can take them but have to admit I haven't as find them so sweet x will try harder x

Hi Tracey

This wasnt mentioned to me by dietician as you will get protein from food once you start managing to eat more.

If you think you are not getting enough in your diet then it wouldn't harm if you can find one you like. If you do get a nice one you can share it in a post :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yes like mcdonalds flavour be good lol, I gone off all sweet stuff and find them sickly x

Thank you for fed back , I may try them just after surgery when on puree stage , i let u know if i can find a nice one xxx

Are you talking slimfast? I had so many of the darned things on the pre op diet I can't LOOK at them now, not even look. I have given a lot of them away. Anyone want the rest?

If not slimfast, I bought a huge tub of pea protein powder, the idea being just to sprinkle it on other foods to increase the protein content. I put far too much in my first cup of soup (the recommended amount of 20g, but presumably that wasn't for bariatric patients) and I had such wind pain, that I haven't touched the powder since. Major turn off.

Back