• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protien shakes

Tracey37

I everyone ,

Due to have sleeve op on Monday , can you have protein shakes when on liquid stage after surgery if so what the best one to buy , xx

I everyone ,

Due to have sleeve op on Monday , can you have protein shakes when on liquid stage after surgery if so what the best one to buy , xx

I use it hun, I get Whey Isolate protien powder, comes in various flavours :)
I like Vanilla and chocolate - is usually cheaper online xx
I used when on liquids stage and now when I am having bad day and havnt eaten enough xxx

cassiecat said:
I use it hun, I get Whey Isolate protien powder, comes in various flavours :)
I like Vanilla and chocolate - is usually cheaper online xx
I used when on liquids stage and now when I am having bad day and havnt eaten enough xxx

Thank hunni , can you mix it with milk or just water xx

Either hun xx slower release with Milk - but some people find they get an intolerance to lactose xx

cassiecat said:
Either hun xx slower release with Milk - but some people find they get an intolerance to lactose xx

Just found one on amazon banana and pineapple sound nice xx

i got some ready to drink ones from Tesco, nice and easy for the first few weeks :)

you can also hun have skimmed or semi-skimmed milk add a couple of teaspoons of marvel milk powder which is the protein and add nas crusha milkshake mix... or hae it hot and add an options hot chocolate xx

I got a low carb/low fat protein shake mix from Holland & Barrett, I cant get it down yet but as soon as I can I will be using it :) xx

flowerofshona said:
i got some ready to drink ones from Tesco, nice and easy for the first few weeks :)

Are they in the sports area cause I only seen the powder tubs in my tesco here and they 33pound just for one tub xx

In our Tesco they have them in a health area and they are £2 each in choc and strawberry flavors :) just thought for 2 weeks post op they are easy to pop in the fridge and no effort to mix ect

Dont forget to also check the sugar content as some proten shakes add extra sugar to compensate the low fat and low carb content xx

Hi
Go to myprotein.com and they have 1kg bags for £12 ish, it makes 40 shakes a bag, and contains 80g of protein per made up drink. Type in "impact whey protein" I got the unflavoured type and add crusha. This works our really cheap.
Kim x

Back