• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protien shakes?

kellsbells

Aww I've just wrote out a message and lost it gggrrrr anyhooo hi how are you all just wondering if anyone still uses protein shakes ad what brand to you use? Seen some recipes on Pinterest and was thinking of having a protein shake for breakfast thanks in advance hope your all well xx

I've tried loads but like the Atkins dry powder or the ready made cartons. LOADS of protein, tasty, mixes easily and not bad price-wise either.
Xx

I've tried complan shakes which have protein & all vits / minerals in - strawberry not too bad. Also slim fast shakes ready made aren't too bad, especially the latte one :)

A nice recipe I've tried for breakfast so can get protein in is half a banana, low fat yoghurt, milk & a spoon of peanut butter, all blended. Yummy

I have phd protein shakes ... One scoop of strawberry flavour plus 200mils of skimmed milk is around 165calories and 25g of protein. It's too sweet tasting for me if mixed with water which is what the instructions say to use. I sometimes have that and fruit/yoghurt/dry cereals for breakfast or have an odd one on the days where my band feels tighter and i know I haven't consumed enough calories. I use Mfp to track because I know if i eat less than 1400 cals a day the weight just literally drops off at around 2-4lbs a week :eek: dont want that now I am maintaining.

I really like the my protein shakes which give me about 18g protein to 98 cals.

I paid £33 for a huge bag. The phd is more expensive as you get a kilo for £23

Sorry guys another quick question what kind of protein do you get? I'm getting a little confused ( doesn't take much lol ) I know whey protein is to aid muscle repair etc will that do or should I go for a particular one? Thank you xx

I chose one in the end based on taste and good ratio of protein/carb and under 100 calories per serving (with water).

I chose one in the end based on taste and good ratio of protein/carb and under 100 calories per serving (with water).

Which one do you get yvessa? I looked on the my protein site before and they're not a bad price either are they x

For what you get they're fab :) I would recommend you get some of their samples - its well worth a taste of a few different flavours before you pick your favourite :)
I get the true whey banana cream :)

Last edited:
For what you get they're fab :) I would recommend you get some of their samples - its well worth a taste of a few different flavours before you pick your favourite :)
I get the true whey banana cream :)

Cheers for the tips, I've got a plain vanilla powder at the mo & it's sooooooo boring but convenient for work... searched the brand you use & ordered 9 different flavour sachets :) xx

The only one I can stomach is the PHD diet, the others make me vom :9529:

My OH has them so I just steal his, try some samples if you can. They are too expensive to waste x

I started off with the phd as it was the best I'd tasted, but found I wasn't using it because texture was not so nice - then tried these samples - what an amazing difference! And the phd weren't bad! The chocolate orange is lovely as a hot drink before bed :D

Cheers for the tips, I've got a plain vanilla powder at the mo & it's sooooooo boring but convenient for work... searched the brand you use & ordered 9 different flavour sachets :) xx
I did the same lol! I bought so many samples, but it was worth it, because I think everyone will like different flavours.

Which one do you get yvessa? I looked on the my protein site before and they're not a bad price either are they x

Hi Ive just read your experience and its freaked me out as I'm booked in at Dolan Park for a band next week. Are you ok now as you seemed to have been quite poorly is the band working for you now and have you continued to loose weight.

I've only just joined the forum and was looking for anyone local who went to THG I know we all have different experiences. Hope you well.
Lisa x

Hi Ive just read your experience and its freaked me out as I'm booked in at Dolan Park for a band next week. Are you ok now as you seemed to have been quite poorly is the band working for you now and have you continued to loose weight.

I've only just joined the forum and was looking for anyone local who went to THG I know we all have different experiences. Hope you well.
Lisa x

Hits hun yes I'm fine now it was a mixture of things from getting pain ( which was more than likely acid) and not being contacted by my team etc Thant what got to me most I'm sure you will be fine I've had my fills now and was worrying I'd never have restriction but at 6.5 ml in a 10 ml band I'm really feeling it I hadn't lost weight in a long time and that was due to me eating and being able to eat what I want I'm now back in the "zone" and wanting to work more with my band as I know I'm getting good restriction it motivates me a little more plus having a holiday booked really helps lol don't worry about Dolan park they're all lovely there I never had a problem with them just the follow up which is now all sorted good luck Hun xxx

Back