• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pulling pain ?

elffie01

Im Meellttinngg!! :)
Im 7 weeks post bypass and have felt fine up until now.
The past couple of days I have started to get a kind of pulling pain to the right of my scar, just under my ribcage. It hurts and takes my breath away sometimes. It only seems to do it when Im turning over in bed, but lady night before I went to bed went into the kitchen and it did it then :( Anyone else had this?

Im not one for moaning as I do feel ok any other time, but this is annoying and hurts. Im going to ring my surgeon tomorrow and see what he says, I was just wondering in the meantime.

I have been to the gym but this has happened before I went so Im not even putting it down to going there.

Im hoping he says its just a sore twinge. :)

I still get it under my left hand scar, which is the deepest one.It's the nerves and tissues binding together again apparently:D

im 5 months post op and have this pain in my largest wound on the left side, it does come and go though but sounds exactley the same as what you are feeling, funny thing is i was going to post about it today as its been really niggling me again over the past few days.

sounds pretty normal then ? hurts like hell though :( In fact thats the most pain ive been in since day 1

Always check with you team if you have intense pain, that is the best advice to give. That said, the type of pain you are describing is most like exactly what others have said, nerves re-knitting. I experienced similar pain twinges at a couple of months post-op. They continued off and on for a few weeks but eventually went away completely. Apparently it is very common.

Nic;)

Hiya elffie - I was just thinking about you this morning - not seen you on here much recently. It does sound like the scar tissue knitting together - I have a 12" 2" thick scar on my tum and one of it's side pulled and pinched for a bit post op. Liek the others siad, I was told it was normal.

Hoep it heals soon for you!

hey tpt :D yeah I been hovering but not had time to really sit and post till today.

PG Im definatley ringing tomorrow, just wanted to know if anyone else had same thing, you know what its like lol. Will keep all updated after spoken to team tomorrow, Im sure its nothing just annoying and painful.

Sounds harsh but its nice to know others have had it lol.

One thing to say for it I got a peaceful Sunday, as hubby was expecting his mate and family but he texted them this morning saying I didnt feel well so he went there instead :D Result ! lol

hi
Did you have open or keyhole?
I had open and sounds the same as pain i had 2 weeks ago i rang my team and they said it was just the stiches inside healing as left had side is where new pouch is. Its a lot better now but still get twinges if i do alot.
You back at work yet just been signed off another 2 weeks.
Had op 27th aug
always worth a phone call though.

hiya Julie

Yeah I had open, funny thing is when I look down on the scar the same place as the pain but the left hand side of my scar indents more than the right...if you get my drift lol. Looks like a mini dimple lol:D

I work from home so no issues there, though I prob would have been back at a desk job on 4th week out I reckon. Hope you feel better soon, take it easy.

hi again my left side of scar is bigger than right side strange init. but we do all heal differently. Got my 6 week check tomorrow have you had your yet?

I made a thread about this a bit back, and I had EXACTLY the same pain as you said, and it turned out to be a small blood clot. I couldn't bend forward, or turn over in bed without excruiciating pain. Don't panic though, I was given antibiotics and it cleared within 5 days.:)

Hope you get it sorted out soon :)

xxx

yeah had it exaclty 6 weeks out lol well give a day 29th Sept. Got the all clear, can exercise, now on soft food...bleurgh lol. Was pleased with my weight loss, not half as much as I am buddy lol:D All tootling along nicely till this gremlin pain appeared, just nice not to be alone in having it lol.

I made a thread about this a bit back, and I had EXACTLY the same pain as you said, and it turned out to be a small blood clot. I couldn't bend forward, or turn over in bed without excruiciating pain. Don't panic though, I was given antibiotics and it cleared within 5 days.:)

Hope you get it sorted out soon :)

xxx
oh dont say that, I cant ring till tomorrow. Was it all the time Hayley? as this is only mostly when I turn over in bed.

got me worrying now lol :(

well not had a reply from my surgeon so will have to hold on a little longer for some peace of mind :rolleyes:

I slept most of last night upright-ish lol, and wasnt too bad, but I might have also been conscious of the pain and not moved as much

We shall see, im hoping its nothing and it wears off :D

oh dont say that, I cant ring till tomorrow. Was it all the time Hayley? as this is only mostly when I turn over in bed.

got me worrying now lol :(

I said don't worry! :)

It was when I leaned over, bent down for something, twisted around, and lead on my side / turned over in bed.

Can you not go to your GP?

xxx

lol well i do worry :rolleyes:as i have had DVT so im prone to clots.

No reply from surgeon so might go see GP, though shes a bit clueless when it comes to wls surgery. Might ring the ward up and ask them lol

Im hopeless if you told me not to look i would ! :D

Tbh its not quite as bad as that, more when Im turning over in bed, but hurts like hell when it hits. Ill get to the bottom of it

Hi Elffie

I have experienced a similar sensation since Saturday (I had my bypass on the 1/10). It's kind of like a really bad stitch pain. I rang the ward this morning and explained the pain. They spoke to the surgeon who said that apparently this is quite a common sensation and is basically things knitting back together again (I think others have said the same thing). They said to contact again if the pain gets worse. It's probably therefore similar to yours. Hope you get an answer soon.
x

Back