• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Puréed diet ideas?

Cherub08

I'm having a gastric bypass in 2 weeks, am ready for pre op diet with milk and yogurt waiting in the fridge. Just not sure about post op diet in terms of stages and timescales and more significantly what to puree!

What have others find works best? ::)

Hi cherub
I am just finishing my purée stage after a gastric band reposition I have found it hard more so cos I find the thought of it unappetising. I have managed with corn beef hash carrots and turnips mash potato with Philadelphia and pea and ham soup. Puddings are easier I've had stewed apple banana with custard semolina angel delight sugar free jelly ice cream
Hope this helps good luck x

Thanks for that Monalisa - got me thinking yesterday when my surgeon asked if I'd started pureeing and freezing in ice cube trays!!

I'm glad I was unorganised and didn't bother making and freezing food as the lot would have been wasted, my tastes changed so much post op, right down to my beloved cuppas pre-op I was an 8-10 cup a day person. post op and for the first 4 months I couldn't stand the taste of tea. glad to say I'm back on my cuppas now :)

Back