• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pureed food suggestions

Hi Nic never tried hummas but can I come live with you please lol.....I will await your updates with bated breath well with drool really lol...xx

I am going to post all my cooking exploits today but I wanted to drop you a quick tip for a no cook meal. I bought some baby food (I know not very exciting but I mostly wanted the tiny containers and only cost about 50p) but it was surprisingly very yummy.

Brand: Heinz
Kind: Mum's Own Recipe
( 4-6 months range)
Flavour: Sweet potato & beef pie

I ate half the jar with some salt, a pinch of shredded cheese zapped in the micro for about 20-30 seconds. I did this as soon as I got back from the shop and it was lovely. Completely smooth but full of flavour & nutritious. I bought some others so as I try them I will let you know if they are any good.

lol Pg i have just got back from shopping and bought some of the baby sauces. Pork and parsnip and cant think of the other off the top of my head but will let you know next week what they are like

If you had told me a year ago that I would get satisfaction out of a half a jar of baby food I would have laughed in your face! But here we are and it is all about the little victories!

My son just asked me if I get light headed with eating less and I said no!...he said about eating baby food he wants to make sure I get enough well balanced meals and he looked at my scars...so ok who switched my kid for someone elses lol...never known him to be this caring ....not that I am complaing...I feel brill today, been out and about and cant sit still.....I wish I could bottle this feeling....mind you I will probably sit down and zonk out...xx

My son just asked me if I get light headed with eating less and I said no!...he said about eating baby food he wants to make sure I get enough well balanced meals and he looked at my scars...so ok who switched my kid for someone elses lol...never known him to be this caring ....not that I am complaing...I feel brill today, been out and about and cant sit still.....I wish I could bottle this feeling....mind you I will probably sit down and zonk out...xx

Linda, I am so glad you are having a good day. 'Bout time with your son, he is comming around! Watch out the zonk might catch you like it did me yesterday!

Love hearing you are doing so well:D:D:D:D

sorry to hear you have been feeling sick hun. i bought lots of the thicker country soups which had lumps in which i pureed made it a bit thicker and they were tasty. i found this stage the hardest really as i struggle with consisitancy of food and the mush thing made me gag. i did try baby food without any joy!! good luck and let us know how you get on x

Do you throw it all in the blender together? and forgive my stupidity not a great cook do you dry fry your mince drain off any fluid then toss it in the blender with the rice remove and then put the sauce on or toss it all in together....hey I am good at some things but cooking just is not one of them lol...xx

I cook the rice , mix it with the sauce and blend it. Then I fry the mince off (its such a tiny bit that i fry it with no oil and there isn't any fat to drain, then I put the rice and sauce in and mix it together and then dish it up! Yummy!!!

PG, you were right about the zonk lol....went into town today just to the bank and one or two shops and I was shattered when I got home had to have a lie down!...xx

Hi Tammy, I have to say I also find this stage the hardest if you dont get the texture right its too hard to eat and if you blend it too much it goes bland I so cant wait until I can move on to just soft foods lol...xx

I cook the rice , mix it with the sauce and blend it. Then I fry the mince off (its such a tiny bit that i fry it with no oil and there isn't any fat to drain, then I put the rice and sauce in and mix it together and then dish it up! Yummy!!!

Thanks Gina xx

PG, you were right about the zonk lol....went into town today just to the bank and one or two shops and I was shattered when I got home had to have a lie down!...xx

I think that is just how it is at this stage, we are still in recovery even though we feel pretty good. Lots of rest!:rolleyes:

Back