• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pureed food suggestions

Gosh so many things to go out, thanks everyone I think its just getting my head around the fact that it does not all have to go into the blender to be pureed...I was never one for licking the spoon when feeding my kids as babies as did not like the texture...tough for weeks ahead but hey they will soon pass....xx

hi lind and gin
i am very low at mo thats why i tend not to come on here too often as dont want to keep posting negative feelings..
i am putting on weight about 2lb a week i got my second fill 2mos so i hope it going to do something i can eat just as much now than before.. i feel i have failed and maybe my choice wasnt the right one for me and should of had bypass??
emmaxx

emma its still early days and until your fill is right you will vary in the amount you can eat between fills. i think livvy,s post explained really well the rollercoaster she found herself on like you but it will all come right eventually.
Keep yr chin up we are here for you so dont avaiod us no matter how bad yr feeling.
take care and good luck with the fill
Carole

hi lind and gin
i am very low at mo thats why i tend not to come on here too often as dont want to keep posting negative feelings..
i am putting on weight about 2lb a week i got my second fill 2mos so i hope it going to do something i can eat just as much now than before.. i feel i have failed and maybe my choice wasnt the right one for me and should of had bypass??
emmaxx

Em, this is SO only the beginning. DOn't let it beat you, youre stronger than this. You'll have another fill and see how it goes and then if youre not happy, book another until you feel its right for you.
Ive read this a 1000 times and then all of a sudden BANG, it hits the right level and you're away!

Love ya, chin up and come on here as much as you want and moan. We dont care, we're hear for ya hunni!xxxx

I agree with Gina, its only the beginning and I am sure it will sort itself soon. Please dont give up and try not to be down this will make you want to eat more. Tomorrow is another day you will get your fill and you will then feel better and this will keep you going until your next and so on. It's trial and error to get it right, its only a tool but if the tool is not calibrated correctly it wont work correctly. Anytime you want to let off some emotion give me a call hun....lord knows I posted enough negative ones at times, no one is here to judge just support....xx

Here here Linda, We're all in the same boat and need to let our emotions out in someway. This is a massive life changing and life challenging thing we've all done so we need to let it out to keep sane!

Do you like hummus? It is easy to get smooth, can be made fresh in blender and is full of protein.Let me know if you want the recipe

I'm going out to the shops, when I get back I will post some more ideas for you. I am having a 'cooking' day today. Making homemade applesauce, soups, mashes & dips for the following week and I would be happy to share if you like but I've got to get to the shops before they close. Talk to you in a bit!

Hi Nic never tried hummas but can I come live with you please lol.....I will await your updates with bated breath well with drool really lol...xx

The other day I bought some weight watchers sweet and sour sauce and some pork loin chops. I roasted the chops and blended them and added the sauce with some blended rice and that made about 5 portions and it was a great way of getting a chinese fix! I froze the rest for dinners over the next week!

Hi there sorry you're feeling sick but when you have the puree stuff sorted out keep it well away from those furry friends of yours or they will think its luxury treats for them.

How long do you have to puree for?

M

Tonight Im having low fat korma sauce with lamb mince and blended rice. I thought Id try it last week and its was lush, tasted just like a lamb curry!

Do you throw it all in the blender together? and forgive my stupidity not a great cook do you dry fry your mince drain off any fluid then toss it in the blender with the rice remove and then put the sauce on or toss it all in together....hey I am good at some things but cooking just is not one of them lol...xx

I have to say I tried this yesterday and put lots of brown sauce in it but it did not sit well....I looked forward to it all day as well...mind I did not have the peas that might of made the difference....xx

so what kind of quantity perissa is it an ounce of meet and a tablespoon each of the others. Just curiouse been pureeing vegies and meats today and done them all seperate in ice cube trays. I think im in for a shock next week as i can manage my fluids really well soup and yogurt included. So when its thicker next week im bricking it in case i get it wrong.
hc

so what kind of quantity perissa is it an ounce of meet and a tablespoon each of the others. Just curiouse been pureeing vegies and meats today and done them all seperate in ice cube trays. I think im in for a shock next week as i can manage my fluids really well soup and yogurt included. So when its thicker next week im bricking it in case i get it wrong.
hc

Yep! According to my diet sheets 1 oz of meat or fish is one portion of protein. 1tbsp of mash is 1 portion of carb and 1 tbsp of veg / fruit is 1 portion of veg fruit.

I am to have 6 portions of protein a day (this includes milk, yogurt, cheese, custard and mousse) and 2 portions each of carb, veg and fruit.

100mls of fruit juice / passata is 1 portion.

:)

Back