• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Puts hand up.... ive got a question

keeley86

heres a question for post bypassers - im wondering if you can feel it? i mean its pretty obvious you can feel restriction when eating but when not eating - say your just on on the sofa watching corro - can you feel the diferance inside you?

also.... i dont mean to sound rude here - sorry if i do! but do you think the weight loss ages people? when i show my husband some of the comparison pictures he says when ive lost all my weight i will look about 40 - he recons it seems to age people. i cant see this really, but thats what he sees - not that it puts me off or anything i was just wondering if im going to look like a nannan after surgery, lol

It's an interesting question about the Bypass and if you tum feels different...

I personally think that weightloss takes years off people... people thought I was a lot older than I was in my 20's due to my weight and with regular skin care and taking care of your facial skin... you can look truly amazing when you are slimmer and often transformed...

Sometimes my hubby says the same thing about 'ageing' after weightloss and I tell him to 'shut up' since he's only trying to keep me big... just in case I plan on doing a runner.... when I can!!! haha...

Love and hugs xxx

lol - i just pictured that in my head! (running off) im not scared anyways - id rather look old than be fat! you certainly dont have anything to worry about bev as you look soooo young now - add a few years to your looks and you will still look younger, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hahaha... you are too kind Angel... you are really beautiful... just look at your wedding photo's and picture you in a year's time precious... I can't wait to be hand in hand on your journey and we'll be looking back to now and thinking it was all so worth it...

Do you have a date for your bypass yet love? xxx

I cant feel anything I dont think, I am more sensitive on my left hand side, so if I lay on that side or rest my arm on it or someone else does, its not very comfy and so I guess in that sense yes I can feel something, but in general, other than restriction and the bubbling, grumbling feelings, I cant really feel much.
As for the looking older, I think that the majority look younger after weight loss but there are those that do look their age after weight loss, they dont look older, they just dont look younger...I hope that doesnt make me sound horrible, on average people look younger and much much better.
Steph xx

no hun - not expecting it till the earliest - feb time i dont think, have you? shouldnt be long if not now that youve had your pre op assesment.

thanks bev x

Steph... you are looking unbelievable... for sure... you look wonderful. An inspiration to us all for sure... xxx

i think that too steph - your comparisons look amazing! i think hes just picturing saggy skin - im not sure! lol

i was actually sat watching corro the other day thinking that as i cant feel my insides now my huge stomach but wondered if you can feel it after with the staples and that!
how did inside feel after surgery?

We are going to be going through this at a very similar time Keeley... I am waiting for January or February... but already trying to get my brain and body in gear as you know...

I'm pleased to think that it'll be a new year and a new hope... my resolution to lose weight in 2011 will come true for sure.... every year for the last 35 years since my teenage years I've had the same request to lose weight on my resolution list.. but never ever kept the weight off!

I'm already planning my smaller wardrobe and it's going to happen. Just wish I could have done it back then instead of so close to my retirement. But my philosophy is 'never to say never'...

Love and hugs xxx

The only bit that worried me is the chicken neck! You can cover everything else up if you want to. I think at my age I will def look older, but its just my probable scraggy neck that is worrying me I have a big double chin now!

Hi Vron.. it's the same for me and my hands are showing their age... I have small hands but take good care of my nails but regardless of all types of hand creams... age is creeping in.

The neck is so similar... are you using any neck creams at night Vron? xxx

No I don't bev. My neck is fine at the moment, except its fat. I think when I loose the weight just the skin will be left. I wondered about Bio Oil - anyone tried it?

I cant feel anything Keeley, sometimes like Steph said the left side is more sensitive to pressure etc but my tum feels normal. I think on the whole people look years younger after WLS as I think fat is very ageing. I know sometimes people say that being fat makes your wrinkles fill out so when you loose weight the wrinkles appear, probably true but if you look after your skin it shouldnt age you. I think overall the weightloss deffinately makes people look younger :D XX

Hello lovelies...

I use bio oil on my tum along with the Palmers Cocoa Butter (recommended by Dotty) and the Salford group recommended a stretch mark... cellulite cream from Avon and that's good... I also have the neck cream from Avon and before I go to sleep at night I have a damn good facial massage... I do it myself and then pad eye cream.

It's always a matter of taste, but I am a fan of the Boots range of Protect and Perfect for older skin.

I get my stock in when it's three for two on offer and if you want to, I can let you know exactly what I use... I've always looked after my skin over the years.... even though I was a spotty teenager... but since then... over the last 35 years I've been fine... but never been able to control my weight....

Love and hugs xxx

Going back to the bypass Jacqui... I need to take a closer look at what is done exactly, it's amazing how you can cut things and join them back up and eventually everything comes out again the same way... amazing to think of the mechanics of the human body... but I can understand Keeley... it's a little bit daunting prior to the op isn't it... wondering if you will feel different around your tum... I suppose we still have loads of padding post surgery as before and everything gets nicely bedded in with time...

It's hard to take it all in, particularly when you don't have medical training....

Love and hugs xxx

Its higher up in the chest you feel it really, when you eat fast or too much the pain you get is behind your breastbone, Im assuming that is where the pouch is? The left hand side is where the rejoin of the intestine is I think.....I really should know this stuff lol :D XX

When you look at the diagram of the bypass... it seems like a huge long tube... I don't suppose you can feel that... a silly question I know... but it seems to be at the front... if you get my drift xxx

I just get that kind of stuffed feeling (if that makes sense?) just that I know if I eat anymore I'll feel uncomfortable. Initially post op I got pain inbetween my breastbone but that doesn't appear to happen anymore until my pouch decides to suprise me again with it!!

As for feeling different inside of me, sometimes I get a twinge & I think its one of my wounds & then realise its no where near them!

I feel that I look older around the eyes, only b'coz my crows feet aren't plumped out with fat anymore!

For my face & neck I've been using body shop nutri-lift range which so far seems to be doing wonders... I see saggy skin under my chin & by the next day it seems to have gone again... for the time being!

Hi Keeley. After my first op I couldn't feel anything different really apart from restriction. Now after my second one, at the moment I seem to be able to feel a lot. There's a whole lot more gurgling going on, I'm still VERY sore so I can't lie on my tummy at all, and my left side is very tender. But 3 weeks after open surgery I guess that's bound to be the case. Hopefully it will settle down soon.
As for looking older - I've lost a lot of weight very fast and my neck is suddenly looking a bit scraggy - but I've also been too poorly to moisturize. I'm beginning to do that now and hopefully again, things will improve. I guess only time will tell, ultimately. xxx

Can you feel it?....No, but you know it's there if you get my drift, and i you eat too much you feel a tightening in the chest.

Back