• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Puts hand up.... ive got a question

im a bit like steph, i cant lie on my side, but slightly to the left just nr bottom of my sternum its ever so slightly sensitive to touch, im assuming thats where the bowel is brought up and attached to the pouch, i think the other join is lower down somewhere above my belly button. i asked my bariatric nurse and she said most of the work is done on the left side and its normal for it to be a bit sensitive. other than that i cant feel it, but i can tell when im getting full and it is in the chest that i feel it. as for looking older, my girls and everyone i know say i look yrs younger.

Oh how i am blessed. The only times i'm aware of even having surgery is following one of these occasions:

I've eaten too much or something like fish (not with sauce) that 'stiffens' my pouch

I walk past a mirror and think i look lush

People tell me i'm thinner

Apart from that i had discomfort after my open bypass but as i've said before i'm a stubborn independant old git and a little hole down my front wasn't stopping me sleeping on my side or doing owt else :)

I love my bypass intenseley :)

ps, i was joking about looking lush, but i reckon i look good enough for my Trev to lick :) especially as it's almost our anniversary lol xx

my mouth is staying firmly shut here :D:D so mnay 'naughty' things i could of put here hahhahaha xx

ha ha ha kelly its not your mouth we're worried about huni, its your fingers lol, hugs xx

I can't feel a thing, to the extent I joked they'd stabbed me 5 times in my abdomen, had a coffee, glued me up and sent me back :D. My only feeling is nor being able to eat much. I don't look that different facially, I have lost my double chin first, but time will tell. All the people I've seen who've lost huge amounts look younger by far!

I'm like Dell, I'm convinced they made 6 holes in me, filled me with a bit wind then sent my back to the ward.

I can sleep on my side or on my front. Although there is a bit of my tummy button that I can't feel. I could have it pierced & not feel any pain! Which is a bit odd.

If I overeat I can definitely feel were my pouch is but I've only done this once due to eating too fast. Sometimes the noises my pouch makes are really funny especially this week. I'm sure with it been Halloween it thinks its a werewolf (is it a full moon). Ha, ha

I don't know if I look older but I've not lost that much weight (YET!!). But even if I do or will do later, I don't really care. Wrinkle wise I don't think I'm bad for 40years old, but that not me being vain/big headed, its just down to good genes. None of my aunties (my dad's sisters) look their age.

But what will be, will be. Lotions & potions may help to a degree but I'm a firm believer that its down to genetics.

Hope everyone has a good week-end ;)

Back