• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Putting It Back On Again...

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Caren said:

Glad it's not just me lol. Even nerves make me eat lol. Strange!

Cicca

Fuffs said:
Glad it's not just me lol. Even nerves make me eat lol. Strange!

I have to share; stood by the crisp/choc cupboard the other week, feeling stressed and looking for a fix - my sane and new head said "nothing in here is gonna take the stress away." I was deflated for a bit but I never gave in. This is not always the case but I do have more saner moments now than ever before.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
I have to share; stood by the crisp/choc cupboard the other week, feeling stressed and looking for a fix - my sane and new head said "nothing in here is gonna take the stress away." I was deflated for a bit but I never gave in. This is not always the case but I do have more saner moments now than ever before.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Now, there is the evidence of a mind bypass! lol

Ruthiep

If I MUST have chocolate, I eat a 120 calorie low fat chocolate pudding. It has a layer of whipped cream on top and is totally yummy but still low fat and at least I know it's a controlled amount of calories.

phatmomma

As someone who has gained 9lbs in 4 months i just wanna say this:

Once a fattie always a fattie. Or at least i say this to myself. I'm no longer fat but i am overweight. I regained because the 'odd treat' soon turned back into the old ways. I wish with all my heart a friend who had already had a bypass and lost their excess weight hadn't told me it was okay to have an egg custard a few months post op! The egg custard turned into two. The one biscuit at mothers turned into 3 and that was fine cos i was in a size 18 (ish) by then and was a lot slimmer.

I didn't get fat because i can portion control, i got fat because i don't know when to stop. So i've got my head into gear and rejoined weight watchers. I no longer have chocolate, cake or biscuits (AT ALL) and i am reclaiming that 9lb, i've had 5 1/2 and this week i hope weigh in gives me a few more. Then to work on the other 2 - 3 stone the gov't wants me to lose.

Surgery is a tool, if you're no good at diy you'd best start practising. There is no such things as 'gone forever'....

I do believe there is a 'happy everafter' though xxx

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!

Once a fattie always a fattie. Or at least i say this to myself. I'm no longer fat but i am overweight. I regained because the 'odd treat' soon turned back into the old ways. I wish with all my heart a friend who had already had a bypass and lost their excess weight hadn't told me it was okay to have an egg custard a few months post op! The egg custard turned into two. The one biscuit at mothers turned into 3 and that was fine cos i was in a size 18 (ish) by then and was a lot slimmer.

I didn't get fat because i can portion control, i got fat because i don't know when to stop. So i've got my head into gear and rejoined weight watchers. I no longer have chocolate, cake or biscuits (AT ALL) and i am reclaiming that 9lb, i've had 5 1/2 and this week i hope weigh in gives me a few more. Then to work on the other 2 - 3 stone the gov't wants me to lose.

Surgery is a tool, if you're no good at diy you'd best start practising. There is no such things as 'gone forever'....

This is the best way I have heard it put. You have eloquently written what I have been trying to say on other threads but never get it across quite so well.

hopelesscase

Never a truer word spoken. i also found a 10lb gain 3 years out. Its off again and mine was purely by eating carbs at every meal. No biscuits cake or chocolate just carbs. If i stick to carbs at breakfast and then just protien and fruit and veg the rest of the day im fine. but the moment i introduce rice, pasta or potatoes at any other meal on sneek the lbs. Still wouldnt change a thing its just a way of life. x

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
I am like you hopelesscase! I rarely eat anything naughty but it is the carbs that are a killer!