• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Quark

Banana19

HI lovelies!

I have just purchased some Quark and don't know what to do with it, help!!? All ideas would be very welcome :) xx

I am sure it is too late but i use it instead of mayo and mix it with tuna, salt, pepper, cucumber (sweetcorn some onion usual stuff for my tuna filling) and then have it with jacket potato, on its own or with bread/ryvita. (Might need some low fat sour cream or fat free natural youghurt in the mix if you have a very thick one as german type one is very creamy but other eastern europen have it a lot thicker/harder)

Or add it to boiled egg mushed with fork. Season with salt, pepper, . then anything like crushed garlic, dill, chive or onion can be extra for more flavour. I use that on rye bread, ryvita, in a wrap or as a sandwich filler. Rocket salad, spinach work perfect in a sandwich or a wrap with it. Or i sometimes add tuna in spring water (drained) just dont add dill. and that is also used as a sandwich filler, in a wrap or just eat it with cucumber and tomatoes on the side.

Salt, pepper and tomatoes. Alone or on rye bred! Can add basil or baby spinach (raw). Think like tomatoe and mocarella! :)

Also if it is the creamy one i make some cucumber, radish, tomatoe and spring onion salad. Just chop everything add salt/peper/. Can add some dill too. (Or i make this with just old good natural youghurt too).

Or the creamy one i use for beetroot salad. chop cooked beetroot (i buy raw and roast them in the oven wrapped in foil), plus beans (butter, red kidney or similar) can add some cucumber, or change beans with processed peas or garden peas from a can. Also add salt pepper and dill if you like it. Makes a lovely pink coloured salad! :) for non diet version is made with mayo (without dill).

Added Ground caraway seeds + some salt makes a tasty spread. Also fresh or dried dill works perfect in it. It works not just like spread but i Use it as a dip for cucumber/celery/carrot sticks or pieces of steamed vegetable.( if needed add some fat free natural youghurt to get the right texture). Crushed garlic and salt makes a good one too. Also sweet paprika (you know from the spice aisle)+ salt&pepper. :)

Oh and to add more i use it in my smoked macarel or salmon pate.

Mix it with flaked Smoked macarel with choped chives (or onion, spring onion) (blend/pulse in food procesor if wanted). Salt and pepper if needed.

Mix it with finely choped smoked salmon add some dills and/or chives, some lemon juice and blend/pulse again if needed) salt and pepper if needed.

There are plenty of sauces to make for chicken, pasta, vegetable bake or fish with it too.

Also i use it for making sweet treats with blended berries or peaches, tastes good with banana too. lemon juice+tiny bit of sweetener, or coco powder (plain) + sweetener. Depends on the type if not smooth/creammy enough would put a bit of fat free youghurt. Or just mixed with plain natural raw honey (well with jam too). Oh and cinnamon + sweetener (well used to be sugar.. But i am not allowed). Or simple with vanilla and sweetener.

Also have some recipies for cheesecakes, pies, cakes, pancakes, doughnuts, dumplings (bit like gnocchi just without potato) or fillings for dumplings, or creps, even wafles. but dont think you need those.. :) got my mouth watering :) My most favourite thing in the world! . I reffer to it as curd, but it is the same.My grandmothers and of course my mum used to make it at home from scratch and then use it in all different dishes!! :) oh memories :)

I am not post op so not sure if any of the suggestions are good for you, but thats how i use it in my kitchen :)

Now i am wondering if buttermilk/kefir is allowed after the op. (low fat of course).

Last edited:
Sorry i've edited it so many times! Just kept remembering all those good dishes :)

now no wonder why my bmi is over 50... *blush*

Back