• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Quavers & watsits

piglet8

Feeling really disappointed in myself and slightly concerned. I am still on the liquid stage with the odd bits of mash with cheese, for some reason I decided to buy a multibag of Quavers and watsits and promptly had one yesterday and one today. It went down really well and I didn't feel full what so ever... I would have thought I would have had some restrictions or some sort of protest from my poor tum!

I look forward to watching your guaranteed success story unveiled before my eyes, congratulations on your results so far, and how cool is that, that you can still eat junk problem free. Great result, thanks for sharing and once again well done you

I don't want to be able to eat crap though and it would have felt much more reassuring had I been I'll from it! And considering it's my first solid food I expected at the very least a belly ache. I'm just worried that I will have no restriction what so ever and no effect from the bypass and be a big fat failure. I have now binned aforementioned items as clearly can not be trusted

I'm shocked to read this. You had your op just a very short time ago and already you have gave in to crisps, which have no nutritional value and will definitely help you put weight back on again.

If you are giving in this soon, how will you cope months or even years down the line?

The good thing (if there is such a thing) is that you've acknowledged you've made a mistake and you are feeling the guilt. Bin the remaining packets before temptation gets the better of you once again.

piglet8 said:
I don't want to be able to eat crap though and it would have felt much more reassuring had I been I'll from it! And considering it's my first solid food I expected at the very least a belly ache. I'm just worried that I will have no restriction what so ever and no effect from the bypass and be a big fat failure. I have now binned aforementioned items as clearly can not be trusted

When did you have your surgery?.... Glad that you have thrown them away... Give Yourself a smack on the wrist and learn for your mistake. I'm 5 weeks out and still learning with portion sizes etc.. But I haven't craved for crisps etc.. I know it's tough but you can do it!! X

i didnt even fancy it as such, it was more a case of really needing to chew after 3-4 weeks of liquid and i figured something like wotsits would melt. calorie and sugar wise its not worse than people who suck on digestive bisquits in the liquid stage so i dont think its a shoting offence...BUT onwards and upwards

claire-anna, i had my op just 2 weeks ago. I agree its such a trial and error period x

Most people feel that way around your stage. However most of us don't start with crisps. People are just trying to get you to think about why you chose crisps of all things. Especially when as you say you didn't want them. I can't imagine your hospital sheet doesn't suggest the things you should try first.

I think the thing to remember is that your head hasn't caught up with you new body yet, I know mine hasn't, I often think about food that I know I can't have (I can barely keep smooth soup down let alone anything else) or that I shouldn't have. I haven't eaten anything I shouldn't but like I say my head is still screwed up by food. I'm sure you will find most people will admit to feeling that way in the early days. Glad to hear you threw the crisps away, maybe next time you feel like something like that you can ask for support before you eat them, it might help? Hopefully all us wls babies will get our head round the food issues more as time goes and continue to support each other in the mean time - and then those who come after us. Good luck x

You don't want to eat crap? Sure you do, you just did two weeks out of a surgery designed to give you the chance of a healthy lifestyle, no one held you down. You could have made any number of healthy choices, you could have followed the plan given you by your surgeon even

When people fail at this WLS lark it's not the lack of restriction that is to blame, it is always the individual's lack of commitment and bad food choices

A tip I was given at the start was before you cram anything down your neck in future ask yourself how would you feel calling your surgeon and telling them what you are about to do, if the answer is i'd feel uncomfortable, then don't put it in.

Well done throwing the stuff out, if this is a one off then put it behind you and forget it, although I have to say this is a new level of craziness even for this site

I want every post opper to have the success that so many have achieved here over my years on this site it's a great feeling seeing people change their lives so much for the better, but it's your life, your body, and as you paid for your bypass; it's your money so success or failure will also be yours. Up to you ;)

maybe im just over sensitive but to be honest im finding all this very harsh and attacking and not really helpful. I was feeling lower than low about it hence why i posted for support at no point was i chuffed to have been able to eat it!
i was looking in the post op thread about daily menues and other people had had wotits at 3 weeks so didnt think it would be horrid considering im only having 400 kcals a day and wotsits are 88kcal and 0.8 sugar. BUT i recogniced that it would only make me feel bad and trigger my slippery slope towards failure. i DO know that im the only one that determines my success. To be honest i dont even know why im trying to defend myself here, its just all a bit upsetting so ill leave it there

Last edited:
Try not to dwell on it, and try your best not to eat crisps or anything else that's considered junk again.
I'm pre op so I can't imagine how difficult it is for you, and I am a 1 woman crisp guzzling machine although I'm trying my very best to stop them now.
I'm absolutely determined when I have my op im going to embrace it as a whole lifestyle change.
I don't think anyone is trying to upset you, just trying to get you to see the futility of what you've done, but as I said, don't dwell on it and put it down to experience.
Good luck
Em xxx

I don't think it's the fact that you are able to eat, it's what you chose to eat that seems to be the issue. The whole point of WLS is that it's a tool to help individuals to change their unhealthy eating habits which made them obese in the first place. You have to be committed to that change, or there is no point in having surgery in the first place really.

I would love to be post op right now, but i'm still waiting. I've been waiting for two years to finally make a positive change to my life and I don't intend to waste the opportunity that I've been waiting for so long to be given to me.

Just draw a line under it, stick to the advice your team has given you and move forward in a positive way :)

Yes just move on...you made a bad choice, end of. You won't always get the sympathetic ear when you perhaps want/need it, but that's because tough love is the best! Now don't do it again :) x

I agree with u piglet I think some of the replies r a little harsh I'm 3 months post bypass op and I still struggle now with wise food choices. U know ur self that you shouldn't have eaten the crisps but hey ho you have so draw a line under it and start again. Good luck with ur journey :)

I have made mistakes since my op. Nearly 20 years of bad choices are not going to just vanish overnight. I love bread and tried to eat freshly baked bread 3 months after op and felt incredibly ill so I know what u mean by expecting to feel sick from wotsits. Each time I've made a mistake I have dusted myself off and got back on they wagon to work hard on making healthy choices. Ignore the harsh comments and think you made life changing decision. Just work day by day to achieve your goal and avoid the crisp isle. * big hug*

Last edited:
Hope you feel okay xx

maybe im just over sensitive but to be honest im finding all this very harsh and attacking and not really helpful. I was feeling lower than low about it hence why i posted for support at no point was i chuffed to have been able to eat it!
i was looking in the post op thread about daily menues and other people had had wotits at 3 weeks so didnt think it would be horrid considering im only having 400 kcals a day and wotsits are 88kcal and 0.8 sugar. BUT i recogniced that it would only make me feel bad and trigger my slippery slope towards failure. i DO know that im the only one that determines my success. To be honest i dont even know why im trying to defend myself here, its just all a bit upsetting so ill leave it there
hey hun im sending u one hell of a hug xxxx

Big hugs piglet , onwards and upwards im sure your not the only one on here to have a cheat , but looks like ur one of the few too admit it , which I must say I admire your honesty , what's done is done try too make it a one off :) xxx

Draw a line and follow the diet plan or you will end up one very dissapointed piglet, the procedure won't guarrantee success - only you can do that x

Back