• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Quavers & watsits

we all make mistakes and everyone learns by mistakes.. hell Ive been nil by mouth since my surgery in february and was only told friday I could start on fluids such as watered down juices, squash and water only for now.. so when helping make dinner tonight, I slice some cucumber for salad, and cant resist the temptation to lick a thin slice..for an instant cool, refreshing then hey presto not so good and 15 minutes of throwing up! I wont be doing that again! Sticking rigidly to my Sugarfree Ribena and water:)

Remember, the fight is NOT over for you, and you dont need me or anyone else telling you because you already know this; If its worth having, its worth fighting for. We all have our shitty days and move on, dont beat yourself up.

You can do this. It's not easy, but you have a great tool and chance to have a healthier and happier lifestyle that you want, and I wish you luck with that. Just dont give up and carry on as you intended when you made the huge decision to have the surgery :)

Habits take a lifetime to form, and will take the rest of our lives to break. Dont judge yourself to harshly (even if it seems others do). After all, you are at a point where you are experimenting, seeing where you can push the boundaries - this is natural human behaviour. Just because you do it once, does not mean you are bound to do it again.

My heart goes out to you. I hope you are well.

Thanks for the support girls, its very much appreciated.

I have been doing really good and no more food incidents! its just all played up to all my insecurities of a life time of my head telling me that 'im not going to be able to do it' and 'why would this work' 'you're a big fat failure' etc etc.

Despite (bar the wotsit incident) sticking to my plan Im still not really believing that this will work, it feels a little bit like during surgery they just messed my insides about a bit and stitched me back up again and everything is just like before.
Last week i only lost 2lbs and this week its not really moving at all. I suppose the initial period is more about recovering rather than weightloss but i did think it would come off quicker considering i only have 300-400kcal's a day. Should really stop being a stress head, trust the process and put my scales away!
cheers again

Hi increase your calories up to about 1000 a day and you will probably find that you'll start losing not forgetting a minimum of 60g (2x 30g drinks) of protein as this staves off hunger also drink plenty of water/tea. Hugs Victoria x :talk017:

Last edited:
Hi Victoria
Im finding it really hard to do on the liquid stage I really struggle to think what to drink. I normally have 1-2 atkins shakes with 149kcals and 15g protein each, 200mls milk with 100kcals and 7.2g protein and NAS squash. I sometimes add a couple of teaspoons of runny mash or soup with negliable kcals. Will be so nice this Saturday when I can start to add more pureed food!!

From being on the we diet i learnt that wotsits and quavers have very low fat content compared to normal crisps as its mostly air. We give these to todlers because it turns to mush when heyre eaten. If your eating mush anyway maybe this is why they didnt have much effect on you. Anyway, i havent had surgery yet so i prob cant comment but the fact that your feeling bad about it and even came on here and admitted it, i think you deserve praise for that. And to anyway that has gave you a hard time for your small failure, well if they had the will power to resist everything bad then they wouldnt have needed the surgery themselves. Hope youve learnt from your mistake babe and learn from it. Keep your chin up and start fresh. Good luck xx

From being on the we diet i learnt that wotsits and quavers have very low fat content compared to normal crisps as its mostly air. We give these to todlers because it turns to mush when heyre eaten.

That was kind of my rational as i really wanted something chewable for a few seconds that then would melt and not be too calorific... but hey ho
Thanks for your support :)

From being on the we diet i learnt that wotsits and quavers have very low fat content compared to normal crisps as its mostly air. We give these to todlers because it turns to mush when heyre eaten. If your eating mush anyway maybe this is why they didnt have much effect on you. Anyway, i havent had surgery yet so i prob cant comment but the fact that your feeling bad about it and even came on here and admitted it, i think you deserve praise for that. And to anyway that has gave you a hard time for your small failure, well if they had the will power to resist everything bad then they wouldnt have needed the surgery themselves. Hope youve learnt from your mistake babe and learn from it. Keep your chin up and start fresh. Good luck xx

Seriously? chuff me I despair with some people I really do :confused: :wave_cry: :sigh:

What you gotta despair with me for?? What i wrote is called giving support and being nice. Not every1 finds it easy to get back up when theyre already down by somebody telling them their faults and nagging. This girl was obviously upset by the comments and needed a boost to keep her on track. We are here to support each other are we not? So you can despair with me all you like. :p

Hi amberleigh and piglet , tried to pm not sure if it s because your new too site but I can't , try playing word asso to build u ur post score , just wanted too let u know I have met some fantastic ppl on here full of information and motivation bare with it , we're not all meanies xxxxxx

Yeh maybe because im new. Ive just downloaded the app so i dont have to keep going through internet on my phone but im logged in and apparently dont have permission to view my own profile lol

Yep it defo because ur new if u play the word asso game it will build up your posts and u will be able to view it xxx

Amberleigh said:

I guess you are working from the lesser evil model of eating. Lol. But, please people don't give toddlers this crap. They are full of salt and will only help them develop a taste for junk food.

Too late, my "toddlers" are now 9,8 and 6. Nothing wrong with their weight as i make sure they eat healthy and not over eat. I have never met anybody that doesnt let let their kids eat crisps, especially not quavers or wotsits

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My kids never eat crisps - they 9 and 4. They weren't given them as toddlers, they've never asked to buy them and at birthday parties they always go for the carrots, celery etc and only have 1 or 2 treats like cake etc.

I've never said they're not allowed to eat them just that they should only eat small amounts of unhealthy food and they're both happy with that. Children follow our exam and if we don't teach them bad habits they're far less likely to develop them.

Just because I'm fat doesn't mean my children have to be. I wasn't fat as a child but I was set bad examples of over eating and then yo yo dieting which I started in my teens. Children don't need crisps to be happy and they'll be much healthier without them x

I totally agree with everything you just said. My kids do eat crisp etc but they have a huge understanding of eating healthy at such a young age.
My eldest is a salad freek and if we have a bbq he will go for a huge plate of it b4 anything else.
Although ive always bought sugar free squash my middle 1 opts for water every time.
The lil one is only 5 so obviously he asks for sweets etc but he is slowly learning that he cant have them all the time.
Im the same as you, because im big doesnt mean my kids are. Theres a few kids at their school that are overweight and their mothers are also overweight and i do not want my kids ti be the same. I feel so sorry for those kids because at their age it isbt their fault, its the parents

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back