• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question about band fills

Lesleydb

Bander
Hi I am due to get my first fill on 4th September and was wondering if anyone can tell me approx how long it takes and do you feel OK afterwards or are you sore or anything.
Thanx
Lesley x

Hi Lesley, can't answer now but I have my first fill next tues and will be posting how i get on in my thread. Lovebug has her first fill tomorrow I think, and Alice is also due for hers so there will be lots of advice for you shortly x

hiya lesley sorry to barge into your thread not having had the banding, just wanted to say hi and see how you were doing? x
Hi Caroline Im doing fine thankyou went to my first check up yesterday and I have lost 9kgs which I was quite happy about as I didnt think Id lost much at all.
Your doing great with your weightloss posted in your thread the other day your looking great on your new pics I hate having my photo taken so am not brave enough to take any photos just yet.
Lesley x

Hi Lesley, can't answer now but I have my first fill next tues and will be posting how i get on in my thread. Lovebug has her first fill tomorrow I think, and Alice is also due for hers so there will be lots of advice for you shortly x

Thanks Allie I will keep a lookout for your update. I cant wait to get my first fill I have no restriction at all now just willpower keeping me going and finding I had lost 9kgs at my check up which I didnt expect. Are you managing allright with no restriction?
Dont want to slip back into old habits!

Thanks again
Lesley xx

Thanks Allie I will keep a lookout for your update. I cant wait to get my first fill I have no restriction at all now just willpower keeping me going and finding I had lost 9kgs at my check up which I didnt expect. Are you managing allright with no restriction?
Dont want to slip back into old habits!

Thanks again
Lesley xx

I am finding it hard with no restriction as well Lesley - fear not!! Fill time will come soon enough, but I can't wait! In the meantime, I intend to try and stay on the straight and narrow over bank hol weekend.....could be tricky! Well done on your loss so far, that will help to spur you on xx

I am finding it hard with no restriction as well Lesley - fear not!! Fill time will come soon enough, but I can't wait! In the meantime, I intend to try and stay on the straight and narrow over bank hol weekend.....could be tricky! Well done on your loss so far, that will help to spur you on xx
Thanks Allie Good Luck for Tuesday I will check and see how you have gone on and how it feels.
Lesley xx

Hi Caroline Im doing fine thankyou went to my first check up yesterday and I have lost 9kgs which I was quite happy about as I didnt think Id lost much at all.
Your doing great with your weightloss posted in your thread the other day your looking great on your new pics I hate having my photo taken so am not brave enough to take any photos just yet.

Lesley x

Brilliant news with the weight loss, its gone so quickly! I know what you mean about the photos, its only now i dont run and hide when someone says smile!!

Hiya I've had 2 fills so far.

I was pretty nervous when I went first time....not knowing what to expect.

I was taken into docs office, he weighed me on 2 sets of scales, one kgs and the other stones then I laid on the bed.

He felt around for port, got the needle ready, filled me to 2.5cc and I was finished. Had a glass of water to make sure it went down ok, which it did and I left.

Total 10 mins in docs office, pain on a scale of 1 to 10....1 for about 30 seconds and as soon as the needle was out 0....

The 2nd time, last saturday, I went with a friend... both of us went in together for a total time of about 12 mins between us. My friend went 1st and was done quick then when he did me he put 3ccs in, I had a drink but seemed to be gurgling a bit in my throat so I got back on the bed for him to take out 0.5cc

So don't worry..it's a walk in the park :D:D

Amanda

Hiya I've had 2 fills so far.

I was pretty nervous when I went first time....not knowing what to expect.

I was taken into docs office, he weighed me on 2 sets of scales, one kgs and the other stones then I laid on the bed.

He felt around for port, got the needle ready, filled me to 2.5cc and I was finished. Had a glass of water to make sure it went down ok, which it did and I left.

Total 10 mins in docs office, pain on a scale of 1 to 10....1 for about 30 seconds and as soon as the needle was out 0....

The 2nd time, last saturday, I went with a friend... both of us went in together for a total time of about 12 mins between us. My friend went 1st and was done quick then when he did me he put 3ccs in, I had a drink but seemed to be gurgling a bit in my throat so I got back on the bed for him to take out 0.5cc

So don't worry..it's a walk in the park :D:D

Amanda
Hi Amanda thanks for that just wasnt sure what to expect and I am having my fill at 3pm and got a meeting at 7pm which was why I was wondering how long it took and how you felt after. Did you not have it done with an xray as it is the xray department that I have to go to?
How long have you been between fills if you dont mind me asking and could you feel the restriction after the first fill?
Thanks again
Lesley xx

Back