• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question please

Do you feel well in yourself? Are you not hungry between meals? and is the weight coming off?
If you can answer those with yes, then it's probably suiting you at the moment x

Even ten months out I find eating with a teaspoon prevents shoving too much in for a mouthful of food any one time. hth XX

Neen said:
Do you feel well in yourself? Are you not hungry between meals? and is the weight coming off?
If you can answer those with yes, then it's probably suiting you at the moment x

Feel great Neen, started to think of food as a fuel only now which is mad as before I would eat all day. Hopefully more off tomorrow xx

BlueDiamond said:
Even ten months out I find eating with a teaspoon prevents shoving too much in for a mouthful of food any one time. hth XX

Still eating with my babies spoons lol x

mandymoo said:
It reminded me of when you have a drink & it goes down the wrong way. I expect as time goes on I will understand the different feelings. Still trying to work out the full feeling, trying not to eat too much eat meal - what do you think am I eating enough?
1 weetabix
1/2 tin of tuna with light salad cream
1/2 chicken breast with peppers & Onions with small salad
X

Hy just looked at what you are eating I have 1weetabix,cup a soup,then chicken that's all I can manage I have tried to eat salad but it only makes me sick so you are doing well I don't think you are eating to much good luck

thats something i will have to do. i hate it when food gets stuck, definetly not in my head...it sticks and either goes down eventually or i have to bring it up and spit it out:sigh:

I get the 'getting stuck in the throat' feeling too. And its always when I havent chewed properly or eating too fast. It good though, as its a quick reminder to me that I do have a band and what I should be doing lol! xx

Neen said:
Never say only a pound Mandy !! A pound is still a loss in the right direction , don't expect to lose masses each week...what counts is consistant loss that doesn't get regained xxxx

I think I've been spoilt loosing quite a lot quicker, got to think better off than on x

Experienced the getting stuck feeling properly for the 1st time :( had chicken that had been cooked then re-cooked was well painful wasn't sick but felt it :)
X

I really suffer when something gets stuck. Today we were out shopping, I had a sausage toastie in M@S. I was eating it slowly and carefully, but a quarter of the way into it it got stuck.
Basically the next hour is written off for me. The chest pain is awful (and Iam not a wuss about pain!). I'm sick quite a few times and the whole experience is horrible.
However, I should not of eaten bread again, even if it was toasted!
And at least it stopped me eating the whole thing.

Miss hungry said:
I really suffer when something gets stuck. Today we were out shopping, I had a sausage toastie in M@S. I was eating it slowly and carefully, but a quarter of the way into it it got stuck.
Basically the next hour is written off for me. The chest pain is awful (and Iam not a wuss about pain!). I'm sick quite a few times and the whole experience is horrible.
However, I should not of eaten bread again, even if it was toasted!
And at least it stopped me eating the whole thing.

I think it also makes you a bit scared about certain foods which sometimes is good lol x

Yep, bread is not band friendly food and best avoided - especially in the early months post op.

Mazza said:
Yep, bread is not band friendly food and best avoided - especially in the early months post op.

Melba toast seems to be mentioned a lot so could be a safer choice x

I find its all in your head!There is Nothing you swallowed pre op that you cant swallow now!The only change is much further down,so its psycological,we are worried it will get stuck.Relax while you eat and concentrate on what you are doing!It gets better.Maz x

I beg to differ on this point at 2 yrs post op there are things that I can't eat post op that I could eat pre op. Fish is hit and miss both with sauce and without, eggs I have onkly just been able to eat and they have to be smoothered in tomato juice and I still struggle with pasta and bread. It is not in my head as I know when I have caaused the blockage through not paying attention. The things above get stuck everytime I eat them regardless of whether I am relaxed or stressed, eat with a smaller or larger fork/spoon or regardless of how many times I chew or don't chew.

Through the support group I deal with there are lots of people that have greater restriction in the mornings others have greater restriction in the evening and find eating/drink difficult during these times.

Having said all of the above don't be afraid of trying new foods or going back and trying foods that have disagreed with you in the past. Just try them in the comfort of your own home until you know you can tolerate them well.

Back