• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question to all Banders

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
As many of you know I had my 1st Band fill on Tuesday 27th April. I have a 10ml band and have 4.5ml inside of it.

Today I started my sloppy stage. I've just eaten 2 round Aunt bessies mash and 2 desert spoons of Aunt bessies swede & carrot with a sachet of fish in parsley sauce. I ate it all and felt no restriction at all so managed to eat it all with no problem. Is this normal?

I guess what i'm asking is wether you feel restriction on the slops stage or is it when you go to normal solid foods?

I really hope this band is going to work for me!

Hi there, the food you are describing is soft and therefore easy to eat, you are on this stage for a reason, to allow the continuing healing of band etc.

I did not feel much restriction at that amount but what you eating is good and healthy and not to much at all, so don't worry.

When you get on to more solid food like chicken breast and veg, you might feel more restriction or you might need more fills to feel that. It takes a while to get it right, so don't worry.;)

sloppy food wont usually give any signs that you have restriction, you will be able to tell better when you try more solid/dryer foods if still no restriction is felt then, then you will need another fill x

Yep, nothing new to add from me either, see how you do when the time comes to eat drier, crunchier foods.
You might be fine, we are all totally different regarding the correct level of fill for ideal restriction...I had to have over 8 mil in my 10 mil capacity band before I felt anything like restriction I was expecting to have with a band, whereas some of the others here got good restriction with much less. There's sometimes a lot of fine tuning x Above all don't worry over it so early onx

As you've already been advised with the more solid foods. Sloppies just slide through where as the more solid food does'nt get through so easily and this is when you will feel restriction. Don't worry and just keep eating healthy foods. Good luck xxx

Back