• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions again

diesel

Hi could i ask a couple more questions:
1.Do you have to go back to the L&D a few days before the operation?if so why.
2.Some people on the forum say when they go before there operation they are given a list of vitamins that they need to take afterwards so they can have them in ready.when does the L&D tell about this and does any one on here have a list of the ones we need to get in as i seeing my gp next week and can get some from her.
3.do we usually have to be in hospital day before or on the day of our op?

can anyone help with some answers please.
thanks alot.
hilary xx

1.Do you have to go back to the L&D a few days before the operation?if so why.
You have your pre op assesment couple of weeks before op then thats it.
2.Some people on the forum say when they go before there operation they are given a list of vitamins that they need to take afterwards so they can have them in ready.when does the L&D tell about this and does any one on here have a list of the ones we need to get in as i seeing my gp next week and can get some from her.
They give you some when you are discharged enough for the first month, and write to your GP only thing you will need is a multi vit/mineral
3.do we usually have to be in hospital day before or on the day of our op?
Depends where you are on the list and how far you have to travel, I was admitted at 6 o'clock the evening before

thanks for that hun, that helps alot. sorry to sound such a whiner but i just like to get things clear in my mind and wanted to get vitamins etc ready to come home to that was all. i go on 4th march and then should get my date. im excited and a bit scared, thats why i keep asking silly questions. thanks for that again hun. xxxx

They're not silly questions so dont worry about that, ask away and if I can help I will.

I'm following all your questions Diesel as I'm off for my triple appointment at L&D tomorrow - keep asking so I can keep writing down the answers lol.

and I'll answer all I can

ok angelajoy. good luck at hospital hun. please let me know how you get on. x thanks daftmoo, in sure i will think of somemore questions before i see the surgeon! thanx guys. xx

Back