• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

questions for Dr Super

blossom11

:) Hi all,

After lots of soul searching and endless research I've decided the band will be the best option for me.

I'm meeting Dr Super in Birmingham on Friday. Just hope I don't get the last minute neeves!!

I'm going to ask him about being able to take medication after, recovery, risks of complications etc.

Am I missing anything???

Hoping to have surgery in April.

Any advice or tips gratefully received!!

Hi Blossom I had Dr Super band me in October he's excellent and only took him 20 minutes to do my op I was out my room 1 hr 15 mins in recovery and being banded, I've lost 4 stone 5lb so far and I'm really happy I got the Band I wasn't nervous or anything after meeting Dr Super and the theatre team I felt so at ease also I was allowed home the same Day no pain what so ever just abit of trapped wind for a few days after surgery and a few tiny little scars now so I think Dr super is fantastic, Good luck with your surgery and keep us updated xx

Ps I had my medication after surgery but for the 1st month my GP give me liquid form meds instead of tablets,

Thanks for the reply.

Really reassuring to hear and your recovery too.

I've got 10 days off work...just hoping that will be enough as I've heard mixed points of view on recovery. Although it sounds like you recovered really well so that's great to hear.

Well done on your weight loss that's absolutely brilliant.

I'm going to see Dr Super on Friday. I've spoken to another friend who's had the surgery today and says it's the best thing she's ever done.

I feel really nervous about the surgery but I'm sure it will be worth it X X xx

Hi Blossom
10 days should be enough time off work,
Good luck for Friday meeting Mr Super he's a nice man and an excellent surgeon I'm still fascinated by him it's amazing what he does and how good he is,
You will be delighted with your surgery and be wondering why you was nervous although it's natural to feel that way!
Thanks for saying I've done well I just keep wishing I was doing better but think we go to hard on ourselves and are never happy and wishing for more and more loss but we will get there in the end! Xx

Thanks Lisa

Thanks for your reply Lisa.

You've done brilliantly. 4 stone 5 is an amazing achievement.

I'm nervous but excited all at the same time :) Dr Super seems fab.

Fingers crossed I'll be joining the post surgery club in April. If I get the date I'm hoping for.

Keep going you're doing brilliantly X X X x

I had mr super. I'm just over 2 years post op now. No problems so far. When I did my research I decided he was the best. Super by name . . . .

Hope your consultation went well x

Ah that's brilliant. He seems very good from the research I've done. How has your experience of the band been? Just feeling nervous and hoping it will work for me!!!

Thanks so much for responding!

Thanks Netikat...it's this afternoon...got my list of questions and my medication to take. But still feel like I've forgotten something x x x x x

Hey blossom, how did it go this afternoon! Did you get all the info you needed. X

mr Super did my surgery almost 4 years ago, he was great with the surgery although some people complain he's very blunt. I liked his no BS approach

Thanks Top Kat.

I really liked him too. Quite pragmatic but he knows what he's doing and my the time I saw him at 2.30pm yesterday he'd done 5 band surgeries!!

He answered all my questions....

And I've booked...7th April at Birmingham Spire...I guess that officially makes me a pre opper!!!

Hope your band journey is going well X X X x

Back