• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions/ help please

Hannah2

Hi

1) could we have a sticky thread for August 2016 surgeries please? I presume we have to ask for one to be sticky?

2) do we have the facility to pm other members? Or is that not possible now?

Thanks

H2

The monthly thread is usually created by members and then stickied on request. You can report the thread or tag me in a post using @ pierce without the space

The calendar is also really useful for this and you should be able to add your own thread to the calendar.

There is a thread in the tech support.

No private messaging or conversations are on wlsurgery.

Last edited:
Thanks Pierce

Hi Pierce, is there a reason we cannot message each other? By that I mean, was it removed for a specific reason?

Is there a way that we can send contact details, ie email addresses to each other if we wish to communicate outside of the forum? I don't really want to put my email address out to everyone! Just trying to think how best to do it!

Thanks.

It frees up a lot of admin time.

There is the social icons. If there was a network that was better suited I would add it.

You could post an email on the profile of the member you wish to contact, which is not visible to guests and remove the email later?

.....but visible to 'all members' ??

.....but visible to 'all members' ??

If they have 50 posts...

You could also set the privacy here:

https://www.wlsurgery.com/account/privacy

"View your details on your profile page:

And change that to: people that you follow.

That will render a completely blank page with an error if your not being followed by that member.

You could try it now between yourselves to see if it works, if it does, follow each other then check again.

Pierce

Hi Pierce
So after setting the privacy setting as you said above, I would put my email address as a post on my profile page and only people that I have chosen to follow will be able to see it?
Is that right?

OK

I have put an email address on my profile page - can you see if you can see it please?

I am currently only following @starryeyed @FeeBee @Sunshine99 @Tracey , can you please let me know if you see it?

That way we know if it has worked!

Thanks!

Thanks Pierce!

Hi Pierce, sorry another question! Is there a way of finding posts quickly rather than having to scroll through sections, for example if I wanted to just post on my diary? This is probably already explained somewhere and I have missed it!

I do check the new posts button and I also get alerts for some posts and not others, not sure what the difference is!

Is the best way to watch the thread and then it will be in the watched section?

If you watch/create or post on a thread...

You should be subscribed automatically to Alerts.

Alerts are kind of "polite", its like, Hi just letting you know somebody posted on a thread. If there was a 1000 posts on the thread after that, it wouldn't tell you because it has already told you once and doesn't want to interrupt you again until you visit it. So until you check the thread AND click on the alerts at the top right it wont tell you anything new.

Likes should be constantly flowing as alerts regardless.

Quickly find content?

upload_2016-8-17_20-53-59.png

If you go to "your content" from your username thats probably the fastest, unless you post 100 posts somewhere else before looking at your own diary then its going to be buried again.

Watched threads, then show all watched threads.... (if theres no new posts on it)

Hmm, Ill see if I can make it quicker to find all threads by user. (probably going to leave that till the weekend)

Ok,

I lied about doing it this weekend. I threw in the extra link now and Ill make it proper at the weekend.

Will that work?

Sorry, I didn't mean to make you change something on the site or create work for you.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thank you.

Oh no don't worry.

Does the new link under your content work for you? (Does it find your threads)

Perfect!

Thanks Pierce :D

Back