• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Questions!!!

mizkirsty

Prey just thought you guys would be best to ask!!

1 I've opted for day case surgery - how uncomfy were you the first night?

2 how long before I can get exercising again!?

3 how often and how much do you have fills - and how do they decide what band to give you?

4 did you feel some restriction immediately?

5 what have your weight losses been like? - what kind of diet and exercise regime are you following post op? X

Ask away lol!

1. I slept a lot the first night, my op was in the afternoon and a long way from home. I was glad to be staying in for the night.

2. Gentle exercise, such as walking - asap. Just remember as you will be taking in very few cals on the liquid diet, take it easy and listen to your body. I was advised no swimming until 6 weeks - because of the nasties in the pool. I was back at the gym as normal by this time too.

3. I had my first fill at four months post op. I had four more in total but over a two year period. As the fat around your stomach shrinks you need the fills to keep your restriction. Contrary to popular belief, most people don't need loads and loads of fills / defills etc. Surgeons have their preferred band and usually the size is dependent on your size or stomach size. Mine is a 9mil.

4. Yes I did, I lost nearly 40% of my excess weight before my first fill. The rest of it took more work.

5. My weight losses were lots at first, due to the huge decrease in volume. Then slow and steady. I have always been a gym goer so I've continued to do so.

Have a read of the following threads for some tips/advice and good luck! xx

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders/147823-newbies-have-gander.html

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-banders-faqs/135438-post-op-eating-tips.html

Thanks that really helps!

40% of your excess weight that's incredible. I'd love - and I am aiming big! 3stone between now (as I'm dieting now) and march!

Did you get to discuss where you wanted your port placed? In thinking I'd probably want to have it by my ribs. Where's yours?

I'll read the threads. I'm still learning my way around this site!!!! Xx

My port is nearly central but in the rib area. No I didn't get to discuss where it went xx

My port is nearly central but in the rib area. No I didn't get to discuss where it went xx

I think I'm
Just worried it'll really poke out. And I know really cosmetics isn't the point to this. But when I get to goal I don't want a giant port pocking out making me self conscious that way! Xx

Back