• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Woop Woop :)

hayley1983

I've taken the plunge and arranged a consultation with WLSG on 30th July in Newcastle. Spoke to Colleen (I think) and she was amazing, and made me feel at ease.

I will have to go to either Preston or Sheffield for the surgery but can't choose between the two :confused:

This has taken me nearly 2 years to decide on surgery and I have struggled with my weight for as long as I remember. I remember only being 11 years old and I was forced to see a dietician. I told the dietician that "my mum said I've just got puppy fat", and she turned to me and said "theres no such thing as puppy fat...you need to stop making excuses". I was crushed. I was 11 years old for god's sake!!!!!! And from then on it's always stuck in my head even now, at 25 years old.

xxx

hi well done in taking a big step to a new life are you not able to sunderland for your op x x x x sarah

Hi people don't think about what they are saying. I like you have thinks stuck in my head that people have said about my weight. Congratulations on making your decision and getting an appt good luck keep us informed.

I've taken the plunge and arranged a consultation with WLSG on 30th July in Newcastle. Spoke to Colleen (I think) and she was amazing, and made me feel at ease.

I will have to go to either Preston or Sheffield for the surgery but can't choose between the two :confused:

This has taken me nearly 2 years to decide on surgery and I have struggled with my weight for as long as I remember. I remember only being 11 years old and I was forced to see a dietician. I told the dietician that "my mum said I've just got puppy fat", and she turned to me and said "theres no such thing as puppy fat...you need to stop making excuses". I was crushed. I was 11 years old for god's sake!!!!!! And from then on it's always stuck in my head even now, at 25 years old.

xxx
the dietition should of never said that its things like that which say with us and do not help x x x x x x x x

xxx

Well done on your decision. I am having band on friday with WLSG also. Colleen and wendy are lovely and i am so glad i have chosen wlsg.

hi well done in taking a big step to a new life are you not able to sunderland for your op x x x x sarah

Sunderland? Which company is beased there for WLS?

xxx

Hi Hayley

I had my band done at Preston with the WLSG, you will be in excellent hands x

Hi Hayley

I had my band done at Preston with the WLSG, you will be in excellent hands x

The only thing that puts me off Preston, and it's not even surgery related. I lived there for most of my life but had a bad relationship / break up so I'm scared to death of seeing someone at the train station when I arrive :eek:

But otherwise, I read good things about surgery at Preston. From what I can remember D'urton Lane is a lovely little country road that my mum used to take me down as a kid where you had to stop to let the little ducklings cross the road :)

xxx

Goodluck with your weightloss journey x

hi hayley im in penshaw near sunderland and went to newcastle last week and saw wendy from wls group im having my op in preston on the 18th of july good luck xxheather

Hi Haley,well done on taking the PLUNGE to start your wls journey. I had my band done in Sheffield and have NO regrets at all. My surgeon does NHS and private op's so it will most likely be him that does yours if you decide on Sheffield. His name is Roger Ackroyd and he's such a lovely man.

Hayley that is wonderful news and you couldn't have picked a better day that's my birthday so i know everything will be great for you.

Sending hugs with fairy dust to keep you focused and sparkle xx

Hi Haley,well done on taking the PLUNGE to start your wls journey. I had my band done in Sheffield and have NO regrets at all. My surgeon does NHS and private op's so it will most likely be him that does yours if you decide on Sheffield. His name is Roger Ackroyd and he's such a lovely man.

Yes, Roger Ackroyd was mentioned in the phone call :)

Back