• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

reached goal still losing weight cont

sewingbelle56

to the people who took the time to respond with advice i am gratefull
i have been worried for months about stopping weight loss i have struggled to eat both quantity and variety since the begining .
i find it nearly imposible to eat in a sit down situation which is getting me down the most as i dont feel normal not being able to eat with my family.
about 3 months ago a trip to ikea we sat down as a family and had lunch where i manage 1 meat ball and 2 chips before being in agony and feeling sick.
This was when my husband noticed how little i was actually managing and he voiced his and seconded my hidden concerns , i had already told the dieticians about struggling and was told some people are slower at recovery etc they were not v help full
i asked for some pm advice from carlos about 8 weeks ago and followed his advice which was to first ask to see dr Ammori.
Dr A arranged to have a scan for gall stones which found several small ones and is organising a endioscope to check my insides when i finally get my nhs apointment at hope hospital.

plus i have my gyny problems messing me up.

Carlos was lovely and v helpfull saying mostly what you all said try to up my cals, choc if i could manage it higher fat etc eat more smaller meals/ eat after a cup of tea which really helps with the pain.

i dont post much as i am busy working mum

i am the sort of person that frets about stuff and if i can say out loud whats worrying me i tend to be better as there is no big explosion of emotions as i have managed to confront it by talking about it a bit like when i was fat i would joke about me being huge before anyone else could say it and hurt me with it.
And this weekend after being told i was getting too thin by my daughters nursery nurse i decided to post i was asking for help and opinions about what i could do on top of what i was already adviced and most importantly confronting it out load

i said in my first post i was worried about saying publicly my worry about loosing too much weight on a weight loss forum incase some one took it the wrong way as i am extreamly gratefull for loosing my 6 stones but i dont want to loose any more

i have read some of the comments and thanked those who were nice
but as i was reading some of the posts i was horrified and confused about what was being wrote

i dont understand why people got so confronational on my post even though it was not directed at me i was appalled and upset.

Thank you for starting another thread as you have brought up a very important subject indeed. Hopefully it can continue to be discussed without the confrontation you talked about.

As for your nursery nurse saying you are too thin, if your stats are correct you are still at the high end of normal so dont worry too much about that. How much are you losing on average now?

Perhaps try keeping a food diary for a couple of weeks, be honest with it, and make your goal each day to eat a little more than you did yesterday. You could try something like foodfocus.co.uk to track your calories/protein/carbs and you might be surprised by how many calories you need to consume each day just to maintain. It might encourage you to eat a little more.

If you are really struggling to get much food in then its possible that you need a little stretch. The endescope will show Mr A if that is the case. You are a couple of weeks ahead of me, and I would say my portions now are a similar size to my 5 year old - sometimes smaller though if Im having a day when Im feeling my restriction more. Would you say you are managing a childs portion yet?

I think on some level it must be hard to think about stopping losing weight when it's something that many of us have battled with for most of our adult lives. I guess it must be "scary" taking on that extra food when we have all wanted to be thin for so long.

I dont think anyone would think you were ungrateful for posting hun. The support on this forum never ceases to amaze me. Look forward to seeing the answers you get xx

I'm glad you have put this thread up and as Sam said previously don't worry what others think it is what you think and feel. Bypass surgery and weight loss is such an individual thing and yet it's also a very sharing thing - so continue to air your views as you will be helping someone out there.

I am glad for your weight loss success and hope you continue to be pleased with it too. Sending you hugs with fairy dust to make you sparkle xx

'Walk a mile in my shoes' says it all really. We are each different and the physical bypass is different for everyone. I think the endoscopy will help, at least it will tell you if the opening needs dilation (if you'll pardon the expression, lol!). It definitely sounds as though that's the case, if you feel sick after 1 meatball and 2 chips. Good luck hunnie.:553:

Im so sorry your are struggling to eat to enable you to maintain and Im glad Dr Ammori has arranged for you to get an endoscope. As Sam said you may need 'stretching' another lady recently had that done and can now manage more.

I can understand you worrying about it too and Im sure a lot of people will be grateful for you saying it out loud on here. Your experience could help someone else but equally someone on here may be able to help you as Karlos has.

Hope you get things sorted soon, take care x

Thank you for starting another thread as you have brought up a very important subject indeed. Hopefully it can continue to be discussed without the confrontation you talked about.

As for your nursery nurse saying you are too thin, if your stats are correct you are still at the high end of normal so dont worry too much about that. How much are you losing on average now?

Perhaps try keeping a food diary for a couple of weeks, be honest with it, and make your goal each day to eat a little more than you did yesterday. You could try something like foodfocus.co.uk to track your calories/protein/carbs and you might be surprised by how many calories you need to consume each day just to maintain. It might encourage you to eat a little more.

If you are really struggling to get much food in then its possible that you need a little stretch. The endescope will show Mr A if that is the case. You are a couple of weeks ahead of me, and I would say my portions now are a similar size to my 5 year old - sometimes smaller though if Im having a day when Im feeling my restriction more. Would you say you are managing a childs portion yet?

I think on some level it must be hard to think about stopping losing weight when it's something that many of us have battled with for most of our adult lives. I guess it must be "scary" taking on that extra food when we have all wanted to be thin for so long.

I dont think anyone would think you were ungrateful for posting hun. The support on this forum never ceases to amaze me. Look forward to seeing the answers you get xx

thank you for your kind words it does help
i am only managing half at best of what my child eats

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry hon. I am glad that Mr Ammori is being proactive for you and helping you out. I hope that they can figure this out for you.

Im really sorry you are so upset, hardly suprising you are worried Im sure we all would be. Please try and stay positive, I am under Mr Ammori too, he is wonderful and if anyone can help you its him. Chin up ((HUG)) x

Hi there. Hope things are getting better for you hun. You have been given some great advice and you have my hospital & bariatric team which I know first hand are really a fantastic team. I am sure that you will get the best care with them.

I think you are not alone with your worry of losing too much, it is a touchy subject for some and therefore will get some backs up. Don't you worry about that for one second, you are normal to feel stressed about your own personal journey. I think that anytime a person feels like their weight is not in their control, either when we are too fat or when we fear we may get too thin, we are likely to get stressed. Let's face it, people who struggle with their weight like all of us here do basically are in a battle for control over our bodies. You are experiencing a lack of control because you are unable to manage enough food and that is a valid concern. However, as Sam rightly said, your stats don't put you anywhere near unhealthy so try not to worry. I have found that people will react oddly as you drop weight and say things like you are getting too thin only because they are uneasy with accepting a different version of you. Take your nursery lady's comment with a grain of salt, it probably had more to do with her issues than your actual appearance! Just keep trying to eat a balanced diet, perhaps adding protein shakes and supplements to up your calorie intake.

Please keep us updated as to your progress. Also, you might really like attending our Hope Hospital support group, I can message you the details if you like.

Nic;)

Back