• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really annoyed now

mummykcb

Just had my "letters" that turned out to be emails from THG. 1 advising me that i would have a telephone appointment with the dietitian, not face to face which was what i was told. and i'm having a fill only 4 weeks after surgery whereas i was told 6 weeks. I already have a 3ml band fill so a little concerned that they already want to more in before i even get to solid food stage. What can i do?

Hi mummy - I'll be honest I was disappointed that my first appointment is going to be by phone as well and the fact that we've got to tell them
my weight in KG - I know for a fact my scales weigh less than theres and so the quality of monitoring is going to be poor!! I think I was expecting more especially as I've paid £5k :-(

I'll be honest so was i, and as my band fill is on the 18th and i've got to be on soft stage on my birthday whereas if it was after 6 weeks as i was expecting i would've been able to have solid food on my birthday. Also means that i'll only be able to have solid food on the last day of my holiday :cry:

I've just checked my dates - was banded on the 13th Sept 2ml in a 10ml at time of surgery -and my appointment is through on the 14th October for my next fill -so that's only 4 weeks also - !!! I think they've told you the wrong time scale at the beginning ! - Why don't you phone and delay it a week ! Worth the ask x

I am also with the THG and am exactly 4 weeks post-op today. I had my first phone call from the dietician this morning and ive got to say it was very informative. I dont really feel like i would have got any more info by being face to face. THG are actually updating their info so i didnt know alot of the the stuff she said ~ for example she said that we can drink anytime and dont have to wait before or after meals( Yaay!) She emailed me all the info following the call which will prob become my bible!!
As for fills i guess everyone is different ,like I said im exactly 4 weeks and mine is next week but i feel that i probably need one sooner as i have no restriction. It may be different for you, im sure if you feel you dont need one they wont do it. You may even be able to change the appointment date. The new info also says you only need to be on liquids and mush for 24 hours each.

Hope this helps xx

This is good to know, I'm having my fill on the 16th in Bristol , which will cost me one days work petrol and parking so I don't fancy two trips in one month. This is why I'm quite happy to do the dietitian on the phone.. I have 4 mls in mine at the mo done less then a week ago at the time my band was fitted, so I think by the time 4 weeks passes I will be due a fill.

Hope they do it on a week later for you, so that you can have a solid meal for your birthday xx

truffle? said:
I am also with the THG and am exactly 4 weeks post-op today. I had my first phone call from the dietician this morning and ive got to say it was very informative. I dont really feel like i would have got any more info by being face to face. THG are actually updating their info so i didnt know alot of the the stuff she said ~ for example she said that we can drink anytime and dont have to wait before or after meals( Yaay!) She emailed me all the info following the call which will prob become my bible!!
As for fills i guess everyone is different ,like I said im exactly 4 weeks and mine is next week but i feel that i probably need one sooner as i have no restriction. It may be different for you, im sure if you feel you dont need one they wont do it. You may even be able to change the appointment date. The new info also says you only need to be on liquids and mush for 24 hours each.

Hope this helps xx

Did I understand correctly - 24hrs liquid and 24 mush ????

Yep thats what the info the dietician says which will be alot easier to plan for.
PS Mummy KCB I actually had to put my fill back a week because i am on nites all this week and couldnt have got there. they did it no questions asked. Im sure you could delay it a bit xx

Back