• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feel like a newbie again

Monalisa

Hi
I am on a bit of a downer and panicking! I had a band in 2010 and lost 6stone had loads of problems put 3 stone back on and had it repositioned at beginning of January with a 3ml fill six weeks later where my oesphagus showed some dysmotility on X-ray. In the last fortnight despite every intention to follow every rule in the book which I did religiously through liquid purée soft I now can't seem to stop eating my portion size has increased to small dinner plate and junk food is going down galore! I am totally upset and annoyed with myself I am panicking the pouch is back or maybe I have just forgotten what it was like in the early days and just need another fill which I have rung for today. Any advice or reassurance would be appreciated
Thanks x

Hi chick

I'm sure you just need a fill :)

Try to eat crunchy and high protein foods - ryvitas really fill me up.

You've done it before and can do it again.

Nikola xxxx

Thanks nikola hope you are right fingers crossed I can get a fill tomorrow if the clinic isn't cancelled you look like you have done brill x

I'm with you here, I had my band in oct 2012 and initially lost 3 stone. Got pregnant in the December and its all gone wrong since then! After I had my son I had the band tightened but it was too tight so had it loosened! Ate everything in sight! So tightened again, then loosened! Argh! Back up to start weight now, had a full yesterday but I feel like I'm so rubbish to have let this happen how am I going to get this to work for me? ?

Hi Pongis
Thank you for replying sometimes I feel like no one answers me on here maybe cos I'm in a bit of a diff situation to most. I have had a one ml fill today as well tried chatting to the consultant that did my second op nhs now but bit matter of fact saying band is only a tool have to do it yourself bit demotivating told him I lost six stone last time he didn't seem particularly interested in my concerns Have you had everything checked out to see if your band is how it should be? Xx

Thanks so much oopsey for your lovely message
Hope you don't stop posting. I do love my band I was absolutely heartbroken when I thought I was going to lose it thank god I didn't and think I am probably just over thinking everything second time around sat here thinking I've eat to much my pouch must be stretching again I know it sounds daft lol
I am reading through a lot of posts and it is helping as did your kind words how are you getting on now? Xx

Hey Lisa

Good luck lovely, just wanted to say that for the best advice I read the old posts (especially by Neen :) )

I didnt want to read & not answer, I'm a quite recent bander (5 months)

I'm probably not going to be posting much any more (just lurking, lol)

But you sound as if you're struggling, so just remember how good you felt when you lost your weight

Love your band, ignore any negative posts about bands on here ;)

Start a diary, add Kirsty, Zobo, Crystal, mrs Q, & Sharon, all super banders :) with lots of band advice

I love my band, absolutely the best thing I have ever done!

Good luck lovely

awww Daisy hugs x x x great advise hunni as always....this forum will be a quiet sad place without you ....... x x x x hope your doing grand today :)

Hi Pongis
Thank you for replying sometimes I feel like no one answers me on here maybe cos I'm in a bit of a diff situation to most. I have had a one ml fill today as well tried chatting to the consultant that did my second op nhs now but bit matter of fact saying band is only a tool have to do it yourself bit demotivating told him I lost six stone last time he didn't seem particularly interested in my concerns Have you had everything checked out to see if your band is how it should be? Xx

Oh Mona...don't ever feel like nobody's answering you hunni sometimes you have to shout to be heard LOL I would say your exactly in same boat us the rest of us banders regardless of starting out again...... all banders welcome around here.....we all support each other and motivate too...maybe your thread just got missed.....i know i missed, but like Daisy not been posting as much lately (got a lot on) dont ever be afraid to jump into a thread we are a really friendly lot :) promise...... no question is silly honestly ........just jump in any time and join in the madness LOL Just remember that until you reach restriction your band is doing little to curtail your appetite, so feeling increased hunger would be perfectly normal....stick to the rule to get you by for now.... its down to sheer will power right now............ if your unsure of the rules (did the hospital not give you any paperwork) just shout happy to help :) us banders have to stick together lol safety in numbers LOL am sure your doing perfectly fine sweetheart, feeling worried is perfectly normal..... if your follow your rules.... .your doing great x x x x x x

Thanks so much oopsey for your lovely message
Hope you don't stop posting. I do love my band I was absolutely heartbroken when I thought I was going to lose it thank god I didn't and think I am probably just over thinking everything second time around sat here thinking I've eat to much my pouch must be stretching again I know it sounds daft lol
I am reading through a lot of posts and it is helping as did your kind words how are you getting on now? Xx

keep on reading ....jumping in.......... honestly the banders section has been quiet of late..... the girls are normally around 24/7 larking and joking around :) were a great bunch here, support by the bucket load and friendship too....sometimes having the giggle here keeps us sane !!!

All the best....... keep posting on this thread so we can come back and catch your updates x x x x all the best

I'm with you here, I had my band in oct 2012 and initially lost 3 stone. Got pregnant in the December and its all gone wrong since then! After I had my son I had the band tightened but it was too tight so had it loosened! Ate everything in sight! So tightened again, then loosened! Argh! Back up to start weight now, had a full yesterday but I feel like I'm so rubbish to have let this happen how am I going to get this to work for me? ?

Hi sweetheart and welcome too :) don't ever feel bad, this old band lark is not an easy journey eh...... i think most of us banders also feel the same from time to time...... it makes us feel like a failure, but honestly were not :) look what you have achieved and be proud of that..... put the rest behind you, chin up and move forward...... Past is past, nothing we can do about that BUT tomorrow is always another day..... my motto is 'just for today' take it all in small bites, hour by hour day by day.........it all adds up to a huge lot in the end :) x x x xx

Awh thanks all feel much better now already love your motto crystal
Had a fill yesterday gone back to basics I do know the rules but have been on holiday to Spain for a week at beginning if March and all of a sudden I seemed to be able to eat more. I was eating out and did take my time but I managed to eat a small roast dinner, a whole fish and peas and a fairly large bowl of nachos and chili on diff nights thou ha ha but panicked when I came home thinking the quantity would have stretched my pouch again I had dilation before second op so then feeling crap out came the crap and I munched my way through a whole large bag of popcorn! I don't remember from my early days if this happened last time I know you have to have determination and up to six weeks post op I was an angel just had a bad fortnight does this sound normal have any of you been able to and eat like this??
Thanks again xxx

Omgi eat like that all the time LOL ok so my bands still empty but that's no excuse really LOL...... its very hit and miss this portion size, because it all depends on restriction of course..... my hospital say eat from a small plate with the 20 20 20 rules....but its a vast difference..... if i rigidly stick to the 20 20 20 i can manage 3/4 of my plate but if i'm distracted (last few weeks) the whole plate is gone in 10 minutes..... i think you've got to trust yourself that what you are doing is ok for you.... it will drive you mad other wise..... if your following the rules.... just trust :) i see some people who are quite restricted that struggle with half of what i eat lol i have mentioned to my dietician about portions, and her reply was ......if you were doing it wrong you wouldn't be losing as you are!! so great reassurance i thought :) i've had a month of not doing it quite right as my weight has stuck.... i've eaten crap and like you feel crap, but we cant change whats happened and what we've already done..... all we can do is make sure 'just for today' we do it right :) then tomorrow and the next day :) hopefully everything else will fall into place :) pouch dilation doesn't sound like fun........... i think we all can just do our best, and hope for the best............ its not an easy journey but 'just like Air we rise' x x x x x x x x hugs all you beautiful banders x x x x x x can wee do it ?? YES WE CAN :)

Hi thanks once again crystal
I put 3lbs on after hols! Pouch dilation was awful and eventually led to an anterior slip but the worst bit was getting anyone to listen to me that something was wrong! Kept getting told that I didn't need an X-ray they made me have an endoscopy instead and diagnosed me with oesophagitis (and a possible hernia which I didn't have) I even saw a so called bariatric surgeon in the GI department if it had been caught earlier it probably would have been fixed with a complete unfil instead I went through twp years of hell and a second op, but I've come out the other side and fingers crossed it won't happen again think that's why I'm so OCD now lol but you've made me feel better re portion sizes and hopefully this second fill will help
So onwards and upwards with weight going downwards I hope xxx

Thank you Sharon
It's the best thing I ever did inspite of the probs think I was just one of the lucky ones as I always tried my best to follow all the rules I know plenty that haven't and have had no problems xxx

Hey Lisa Good luck lovely, just wanted to say that for the best advice I read the old posts (especially by Neen :) ) I didnt want to read & not answer, I'm a quite recent bander (5 months) I'm probably not going to be posting much any more (just lurking, lol) But you sound as if you're struggling, so just remember how good you felt when you lost your weight Love your band, ignore any negative posts about bands on here ;) Start a diary, add Kirsty, Zobo, Crystal, mrs Q, & Sharon, all super banders :) with lots of band advice I love my band, absolutely the best thing I have ever done! Good luck lovely

A hanks Daisey. Hey girls this is hard but we do gave an amazing tool...last chance saloon...let's support each other xxxx

Welcome b ack. I think sometimes the band may be a harder journey - let's all keep n touch and support each other xxx

Hi kursty
Thanks I was hoping you'd pop on I have read quite a lot of your great posts and took notice that you seem able to eat larger portions than some on here and hence wanted to ask you had you ever had any worries or concerns with your pouch or asked anyone about it stretching? Just looking for a bit of reassurance for me hope you don't mind me asking you and I agree let's all try and help each other I'm on my own with my 17 year old son my husband left me years ago cos I put weight on! and I just don't seem to be able to find anyone decent I attract all the wrong ones friends say I'm too nice lol so I get lonely and could certainly do with the support as I only told one person about my band as we'll xxx

Back