• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really annoyed!!!

wobbles

I went to Tesco today to get some new jeans as my only pair (size 22) are now falling down and looking very silly.

I started at size 26, and have lost 5 stone.

What size do you think i should be now?

I would think considering my size 22's are too big, i could go down to a 20....but NNOOOOOO!!! the only size that fit me was a size 22!!

How is it possible to only go down two sizes after losing 5 stone? Before i got there i was excited, but left feeling like i always have done after clothes shopping. Deflated, depressed and disappointed!!

I'm also started to really see all the excess saggy skin when i dare look in the mirror.

Having a 'Is it really all worth it' moment!

Hi Sweety

Its not you its them...all shops sizes are different, I can never get the same size across the board...I am a 26 in Evans, 24 in Ann Harvey and I can get into a Marks and Spencers 22 sometimes...

Best thing to do is if they look good, cut the label out...no one will ever know and who cares if you look a million dollars.:)

You have done amazingly well, try not to let this get you down...:cry:

And as for saggy skin, that can be addressed when the time is right....just think how healthy you are.;)

(We will mainly all be in the SS Excess boat...sadly the pass came with the ticket:()

Hiya. Jeans are crazy, it is all down to the cut & style. I tried two pair of size 18 jeans, one went on no problem the other would not even meet in the middle or rise over my butt! I held them up to each other and there was like an inch difference between them but both were size 18!!! There is absolutely no standard in jeans!!! Don't beat yourself up. I have a pair of size 20 jeans that fit really well & I doubt if I could wear an 18 in them so go figure!

And the wobbly bits, we all have that. It is better than having all that extra weight on our bodies.

((HUGS)) to you, you'll get there it just takes time.

Nichole;)

... How is it possible to only go down two sizes after losing 5 stone? ...

I have lost 6 stone in all so far &, although I have gone down 3 or 4 sizes on top (was a 30/32 now 24 ish) I have only gone down ONE size on the bottom! Still a 30 there!

I think it has all just sunk to the bottom, ha! :rolleyes:

Firstly, well done on the 5 stones - fab stuff , well done (I just had to say it twice :D)

Secondly - shop sizes? Soooo depressing. I have the exact same pair of trousers from Tescos (black ones for work) - same size, style, even bought on the same day for fluffs sake. One pair are very room and would make me consider the next size down - the other pair I can bairly get done up (breathing in lying on the bed job) so please don't be disheartened

xx

Tescos are well known for there differing sizes and are not very generous either with their sizes. I used to work in tescos and the amount of people that bring stuff back because they don't try them on they just pick up the same size that they've been for years.
Don't let it get you down you are doing really well and it will be worth it in the end.

I found in New Look I could get away with 1 or 2 sizes smaller than Evans in jeans Jeans are a pain to find a good fit

Thi is the reason i have hated shoppibng for years, kowing that no matter which shop i go in i will not conform to 'their sizes' each one being different. so please don't beat yourself up about it.

I looked in the miror yesterday and commented that my top half is half the size of my bottom half thats going to be hard to disguise LOL

I always think about the fact that i've managed to put 3 stones on pre-surgery and stay in a size 20 all the way through - selective shopping and knowing which shops do good sizes!!!!!

I suppose that means it would work the other way round too, I wouldn't get upset about it. I know its a downer but the scales don't lie and it takes nothing away from your accomplishment so far

Keep going ur doing fab x x x

Hi

Shop sizes are the worst dont get disheartened at all.

As for the skin issue have you ever tried Tonning Tables? Ive been going on them a couple of weeks now and can really see the benefits. If you've got some in your area I would really give them a go and its not hard work either.

Good luck

Dee xx

Tonning tablets? where can I get those from? Googled them and no results.:lost:

toning tables usually found where you find tanning services and some fitness centres

Tonning tablets? where can I get those from? Googled them and no results.:lost:

do you have a local council run leisure centre Crafty? THese sometimes have toning tables

Don't stress about the size issue sweetie!
I did just the same thing - I bought a size 18 yesco skirt that fit me well so inspired by this I bought a lovely size 18 Asda suit and it doesn't come near me - but Ann Harvey 16s are now too big for me. It's mad and the 5 stone loss is what counts!!

Congratulations on the 5 stone hun thats brill!!! Like everyone says I wouldn`t worry too much about size as each shops are different and obviously it depends on the style of jean and whther they have a bit of lycra/stretch in them!!! Also, does anybody find though, u try a pair of pants/jeans on and think right I know they`re way too tight but I`m gonna buy em anyway cos they`re a 16 not an 18 and once you`ve worn em for a few hrs they fit like a glove??? They`re always abit tight when new hun xxx

Thank you everyone. I'm so glad it's not just me that has issues with shop sizes.
I ended up back at my old faithful Cotton Traders today. The old jeans i was wearing were a 22 from Cotton Traders, so i thought of all places i could go down a size. But no, i got a size 22 and they're a little tight. However, they have two pairs for £30 so i got a size 18 too to shrink into. They also had some really nice jumpers for £3 which i'm one size down in and wearing it really shows my weight loss.

I've never heard of toning tables, i will check it out.

Thanks again everyone.

toning tables are great you just lie there and they do all the work

O Terri, you've just presented me with the perfect opportunity for a semi-smutty riposte. But I will resist. For now... mwahahaha

Some great responses here and I agree with all of them and VERY WELL DONE on your loss to date :clap: :clap: :clap:

But there's just one more point I would add; your health is paramount and losing that weight means your ticker and airbags are under less stress. Wooden overcoats are sooooo not a good look, even on skinny minnies.

S*d the jeans, they will come in time.

Hi

Shop sizes are the worst dont get disheartened at all.

As for the skin issue have you ever tried Tonning Tables? Ive been going on them a couple of weeks now and can really see the benefits. If you've got some in your area I would really give them a go and its not hard work either.

Good luck

Dee xx

Thanks for the reminder about toning tables! I can't join a gym for 8 - 10 weeks post op but phoned my support nurse and she says toning tables are fine after 6 weeks! I used to use them years ago and they do work. My local council gym has them so off for an induction this weekend! Gotta do something with the sagging chest!!!

Back