• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really peeved has any got the number of a hit man

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
Someone is seriously taking the Pee now:rant2:
I have just been informed that my TT and hernia repair has been cancelled yet again :flamingmad:

The reason being they have had a influx of breast cancer patients and as mine is a bigger op they have decided to cancel mine
Right before anyone jumps down my throat!
I DO NOT resent being pushed back for genuine cases.
My sil is a breast cancer survivor and I will step aside for them any time.
But to have suddenly had a massive influx of breast cancer patients is a bit unbelievable.
My plastic surgeon seemed very reluctant to apply for funding for my TT and only because I have a hernia did he relent and apply.
My PCT said yes right away (two different PCTs involved) No problems with funding.

I think he is hoping I will go away.
I think a call to PALs is on the cards for tomorrow

By the way the opening for my hernia is only 2cms so it has a very good chance of strangulating and me ending up in surgery before my next op date comes around (8th February)

I totally understand what you are saying. Does seem fishy :(

Hope a date that happens finally comes up for you (((hugs)))

I'm looking for a new career Wendy so I 'll consider doing it ( being your hitman not performing the op lol).
Seriously, it really is bad luck. Unfortunately they can't plan for people needing brest cancer ops. As you know they usually have to act very quickly in thoses cases. i think it's always more likely you'll get knocked back in wintertime too as there is such pressure on beds.
It must be very scary knowing your hernia is so delicate-sending you hugs and good wishes xx

I'm looking for a new career Wendy so I 'll consider doing it ( being your hitman not performing the op lol).
Seriously, it really is bad luck. Unfortunately they can't plan for people needing brest cancer ops. As you know they usually have to act very quickly in thoses cases. i think it's always more likely you'll get knocked back in wintertime too as there is such pressure on beds.
It must be very scary knowing your hernia is so delicate-sending you hugs and good wishes xx

I don't begrudge the cancer patients I'm more peeved with the way they are treating me.
The first time it was cancelled the secretary let it slip that they has changed the date the previous week. But nobody thought to tell me until the night before my op when I phoned to confirm the bed.
When I spoke to her when she told me that I had been removed from the op list she said she would send me a letter with my new date. 8 days later (today) I still hadn't heard off her. So I phoned at 3 different time to see what was happening and was told she would get back to me.
Finally she phoned me and said
"Oh I take it you got my message then?"
"No" I said
"Well I have left you a message both on your home and mobile phone"
No she hadn't!! I had both phones in my hand and no message on either. One I could understand but not to have recieved either of the messages sounds suss to me.

I seriously think that he is doing everything in his power to stop me getting the TT.
Oh and it wasn't me that thought that. It was my very laid back hubby who said it.

Really peeved has any got the number of a hit man :mad:

No, but I understand Caren was lining one up to help rob a bank / fight her funding issue .... perhaps you might get a "two for the price of one" if you use one hit man to kill two birds (jobsworths) with one stone !!! :8855: :8855:

dont know what to say,,its sickening when you get ya head ready for surgery then its cancelled again!,,,but just want you to know im thinking of you ,,,,keep you chin up ,got no words of wisdom just feel for you ,xxx,

Thanks girls
Like I said its not so much the cancellation again but the way it has been handled.
My poor 8 year old has got used to the idea that I am going into hospital only to be told I'm not going in now.

iwhat a bloody let down again, you are right to inform your local pals office, good luck i hope you hear soon. xxx.

ps. i do know of a good sharp shooter if all else fails. he he.

Oh Wendy, What a nightmare. Have you told this stupid woman that you intend to cal PALs....you never know they might start to realise you mean business.

We all know you would happily step aside for "more urgent" cases and understand your frustration.

I really hope they sort something out for you soon :):)

Right I have phoned PALS
Having got throught to the wrong Department at first (wrong phone number on the web) who said they would pass on the info and someone would phone me back Guess what? ...Yeap thats right no phone call back. (This was the hospitals PALS dept)
So after 3 hours I phone my PCTs PALS office and spoke to a lovely lady who after hearing what the problem was, phoned the hospitals PALS dept and then phoned me straight back and told me someone will ring me on Monday And if there was any problems to phone her back and she would deal with it.

I feel so much happier today.

Good luck with sorting it out Wendy, your determination will get you there in the end xx

Don't give up.

I don't begrudge the cancer patients I'm more peeved with the way they are treating me.
The first time it was cancelled the secretary let it slip that they has changed the date the previous week. But nobody thought to tell me until the night before my op when I phoned to confirm the bed.
When I spoke to her when she told me that I had been removed from the op list she said she would send me a letter with my new date. 8 days later (today) I still hadn't heard off her. So I phoned at 3 different time to see what was happening and was told she would get back to me.
Finally she phoned me and said
"Oh I take it you got my message then?"
"No" I said
"Well I have left you a message both on your home and mobile phone"
No she hadn't!! I had both phones in my hand and no message on either. One I could understand but not to have recieved either of the messages sounds suss to me.

I seriously think that he is doing everything in his power to stop me getting the TT.
Oh and it wasn't me that thought that. It was my very laid back hubby who said it.

That's very poor indeed Wendy. They just don't seem to understand the impact delay has and not to communicate properly with you is dreadful. I hope it's sorted now. ( Never for a moment thought you begrudged the cancer patients by the way-I know from your posts that you are reasonable, patient and nice :D)
xx

I'll do it, if you let me feed Travis to the ducks :)

Luvs ya Wendy xxxxx

Back