• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovery time for a band op

The letter I got had the date for surgery and also the pre op date on it..if posted today you may get it tomorrow if it's around Glasgow post area x
l
Sharon. I got my letter. Pre op Tuesday. But.... Got a copy if the diet. It looks fine..

.cereal or toast for breakfast.
Salad and protein for lunch (meat fish etc) and crisp bread
Protein with veggies for tea with a small portion of carbs like potato rice or pasta
And a couple of portions of fruit
I yoghurt - low fat low sugar
Milk for tea etc

I can do this for sure. Im doing the Atkins just now and it's pretty similar, infact less brutal than the Atkins. I'm just so relieved it is not the milk diet. I have never touched milk since I was forced to drink it in primary school...giving away my age here lol but I would have done it if that's what I had been told to do

Yay! :) :)

l Sharon. I got my letter. Pre op Tuesday. But.... Got a copy if the diet. It looks fine.. .cereal or toast for breakfast. Salad and protein for lunch (meat fish etc) and crisp bread Protein with veggies for tea with a small portion of carbs like potato rice or pasta And a couple of portions of fruit I yoghurt - low fat low sugar Milk for tea etc I can do this for sure. Im doing the Atkins just now and it's pretty similar, infact less brutal than the Atkins. I'm just so relieved it is not the milk diet. I have never touched milk since I was forced to drink it in primary school...giving away my age here lol but I would have done it if that's what I had been told to do Yay! :) :)

That's the same one I got! :)

Aw I remember milk at school and it had wee pictures on the cartons of sports or something lol!!

I need to get my cash transferred to pay on Monday, Gonna shut my eyes when I pay it lol xx

Be carefull Kurstywursty Im a civil servant too, I was bypassed on 21.5.14 and took time off sick covered by a doctors note. Upon my return I was put on an oral improvement warning as the surgery was "selective". I found the department to be very un-supportive and things are tightening up as you know. Good luck with your surgery.

Be carefull Kurstywursty Im a civil servant too, I was bypassed on 21.5.14 and took time off sick covered by a doctors note. Upon my return I was put on an oral improvement warning as the surgery was "selective". I found the department to be very un-supportive and things are tightening up as you know. Good luck with your surgery.

OMG... I was going to actually tell my line manager what I was going in for....I feel I have to now. I have been having ongoing Gyn appointments and she has assumed (I have never said) that my surgery is in connection with this. I think I would be a worse position in this circumstance. I better be upfront and ask to anticipate some annual leave

Thanks for the heads up

OMG... I was going to actually tell my line manager what I was going in for....I feel I have to now. I have been having ongoing Gyn appointments and she has assumed (I have never said) that my surgery is in connection with this. I think I would be a worse position in this circumstance. I better be upfront and ask to anticipate some annual leave

Thanks for the heads up

Your welcome I just wanted to warn you in advance what happened to me. To be honest in hindsight if I knew then what I knew now I would have taken some unpaid leave, lets face it I paid £9k for the operation so a bit of unpaid leave wouldn't have been here or there in the light of things.

I told my manager I was going in for abdominal surgery and didn't want to elaborate, at first he accepted that but eventually just before I went off he called me into his office and asked me directly what operation I was having, I felt I had to be honest and I told him. I told him I didn't want it to go any further than the 4 walls we were in but Iv since discovered the whole management team know as I was discussed at an office attendance management meeting where the offices attendance is discussed. I was not happy.

I was also pressured into returning back to work early on part time medical grounds, I work an 8 hour day so I returned to work for 3 hours per day but they made me use my annual leave for the other 5 hours they would not let me take it as sick leave said action would be taken if I did.

All in all the treatment I recieved from the department was diabolical, I cant speak for your dept but maybe speak to your manager pre-op and see where you stand as I say I wish I had done this and I then would have taken some unpaid leave as the pressure and the loss in annual leave has been awfull. I wrongly assumed I would be safely covered for time off by a doctors note but this was not the case. I hope your team treat you better x

My line manager is on leave. I have emailed the other line manager in the team and just said "for various reasons I do not wish to take sick leave for my hospital stay and recovery" and have asked him to consider my request for 2 weeks annual leave. So here's hoping...I am so sorry to hear of your experience. Awful !!!!

Thanks every one. I just got an email. I'm getting banded two weeks today :)
Way hey awesome news. Look forward to hearing about your next step. Good luck with the pre-op shenanigans.

My line manager is on leave. I have emailed the other line manager in the team and just said "for various reasons I do not wish to take sick leave for my hospital stay and recovery" and have asked him to consider my request for 2 weeks annual leave. So here's hoping...I am so sorry to hear of your experience. Awful !!!!

I honestly think your doing the right thing, Im not sure about your dept but I know attendance management in the civil service in general is a hot topic, always banging on about reducing sickness levels etc. I wish you luck in whatever decision you make x

Trish whoop whoop...I got my two weeks annual leave approved...thank you so much for the heads up xxxxx

Brilliant news! I only wish I had done the same as you. Im sorry I had to be the one with all the negative comments but I just didn't want you ending up in the same boat as me. Did your boss ask any sensitive questions about your op? Onwards and upwards from here Kurstyx

My regular line manager is on holiday. I just emailed the opposite team manager. He's a man. I think he was frightened to ask any questions incase it was woman's stuff lol x

Im in the same boat, ive taken leave as otherwise i would get an action plan for sickness, it wouldnt really mean much as you the. Just have to have 3 months with no further sickness then thats it, but i dont want to have to discuss what im having done. Im a public sector worker, the government are out to bum us all!!!
The two weeks after leave i will get a doctors note for 2 weeks restricted duties just stating post op recovery.
My friend is covered by the disability act but they have tried to bully her out..shes bringing a case against them, its a disgrace.
Enjoy your two weeks leave kursty!! I will be at home the first ten days then we have a static caravan in the Lake District so will be going there for 6 days before being back to work! I just hope i have a smooth recovery

im the same kursty , I have just a week off post op, cant say anything in work as the will rip the P*** out of me for weeks , just fingers crossed too...... the other thing is that I fly out six weeks post op but have not heard any restrictions on flying , has anyone else ???

I think at 6 weeks that should be fine, its the risk of clotting by flying before and after.
Oh bet you are looking forward to a holiday after the op.

I'm sure you will be fine on a short haul. Just think some people have their ops in Belgium and fly home within 2 days.

oh great that's put my mind at some ease , so looking forward to it have not had a holiday in years ,
So its the two week countdown today for me .... is a week today for you Kursty?x

Back