• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Time in recovery?

Helen louise

Can anyone tell me roughly how long you are in recovery for after the op? I am having a band op (private)

Also I need to be at the hospital at 6.30am :eek: am I right in assuming that I will probably be having it fairly early in the day then?

I would have thought so, I had to be in at 1130am and was 2nd inline with op being at 130pm. I spent just over an hour in recovery before being taken back to my room.

I think it varies from person to person. I can't really remember how long I was there for, but my hubby reckons it was about 1.5 hours. I was tachycardic though and my blood pressure was really low.

I was admitted at 7am and went for surgery at 11.30am. Again I think it depends on how your surgeon prioritises his patients :)

Looks like your first in line arriving that early. As for how long your in recovery, when i came to i was so out my head i dont even remember leaving the recovery room!
First thing i properly remember is my OH shaking my arm at about 7pm, so i lost about 4 hours :eek:

Kim

Considering the chances of me getting much sleep the night before are zilch I am beginning to wonder if its worth going to bed in the first place! :D

Would need to set the alarm for around 4am as dogs need feeding & walking before we go,plus a shower etc, its about a 20/30min drive

I was first on the list at 8am, so was in the hospital for 6:30. I didn't think that I would sleep much the night before but I did.

I had a little issue during my surgery so I was 20 mins longer during the procedure, then I was in recovery for 2.5 hours afterwards. I don't remember it at all!!!

My husband was pretty bored watching daytime tv by the time that I got back to my room, I was awake for about an hour then slept for another four hours, then got up for a wee, then slept to about 4am when all the painkillers had worn off.

The night nurse came in to find me hanging over the side of the bed doubled up in pain. High as a kite on Tramodol later I slept most of the second day as well.

Then the fun started :eek:

I got there for 7am but didnt have my surgery til 3pm as he decided i would be 3rd on the list instead of 1st come 1st sorted. Was so bored i fell asleep and was woken up to go down. Downside was being discharged at 6:15am. Seemed a bit mean to me.

Back