• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Recovery Time from Wrap?

Violet one

Pre-opper
Hi all wrappers,

Can you tell me how long you stayed off work for? I have limited leave (less than 2 weeks - will that be longenough?

Violet one

Depends what you do i guess. Im a binman,so quite a physical job and i had a month off and havent had any problems since going back :) If your in a less physical job 2 weeks may be enough, but listen to your body. It'll let you know if your ready :)

would agree listen to your body it will let you know when its time to go as everyone is different

why dont you tell them you have been advised that you will need 3wks and can get a Dr's note for 1 week of it if necessary???
I have only booked 2wks off and told that this is more than sufficient as I do a desk job, although it is long hours I am going to request that i take 2 weeks part time as well :)

I only work part time, but ave no more leave until April. I don't want anyone at work to know as they are a pack of gossips! I have thought about saying I had a stomach tumour, as my gp would probably put gastric operation....

Well - I'm telling no one at work what I am doing - Dr will put on your sick note, post operative recovery - doesnt need to put anything else :)

Tell them your having cysts removed or gall bladder correction and digestive correction as you have a gland in your stomach not working correctly, by time you've mentioned cysts no one is listening to the rest !! Trust me ;););)
x

Well - I'm telling no one at work what I am doing - Dr will put on your sick note, post operative recovery - doesnt need to put anything else :)

Tell them your having cysts removed or gall bladder correction and digestive correction as you have a gland in your stomach not working correctly, by time you've mentioned cysts no one is listening to the rest !! Trust me ;););)
x
Looks like you're doing well

How long did you take off work?
And did you really need to?

just answered on another thread.....

You can't legally drive for 10 days after surgery. I had surgery on the Friday, and went back to work 10 days later (a Monday)

I was back at work after 6 days and driving, but I do have a sit down job. Listen to your body though as everyone is different.

Back