• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Regret is starting to creep in.

Fuffs

Shrinking Big Brummie
Promised myself I wouldn't regret my choice.

But

Today I am at my partners and thought I would weigh. This are on my Saturday weigh on scales.

I have gone up 1.05kg since last Saturday (over 2lbs)

I have had enough!!!

I am fed up of feeling faint, lacking energy, my totm being messed up, worried about eating the wrong thing in public and being ill because of it.

I have exercised lots of my wii, exercise bike, walking, running up the stairs in my block.

Payback: messed up 2 week early totm and when that's died, left a weight gain!!!

This isn't working out for me and if it was a slimming club I would stop going!

This is my second gain. I am only 6 weeks post op today :(

I feel so depressed and lost. This is why I would weigh once a day. When I see gains I can start doing something about them.

Anyway, the regret is creeping in and slowly making each day feel it wasn't worth the trade in for me personally.

Really happy it works beautifully for others. But for me, it's not xxx

I think maybe Fuffs you need to may be only weigh once a month and go by your clothes, it will stop you getting disheartened, I have been battling since Christmas to loose just under 2 stones and we in May now, but the hospital are quite happy with me slow and sure wins the race, it'll be the water retention for you, added to totm. It;l be next week when it comes off. Its always the week after things catch up. Bout 4 weeks ago i lost 5lbs out of no where, then the nxt week put 2 on, then i lost 2 and the last 2 weeks stayed tha same. I am in similar position to you even though i am bit further down the line i have spent my time at slimming clubs the same putting on and taking off the same 2 lbs while others continue to lose, really p***** you off. You'll get through it, its just you rejection mode kicking in, most of the time you feel ok but it creeps in when we not looking for it and make us feel crap you have a good day out today and enjoy let your hair down. The day before i get weighed i don't drink as much fluid so it has time to come out of my body, well thats my theory, take care xx you'll get through it you'll see. where better to share your thoughts and fears than amongst friends on here. xx

But

Today I am at my partners and thought I would weigh. This are on my Saturday weigh on scales.

I have had enough!!!

I am fed up of feeling faint, lacking energy, my totm being messed up, worried about eating the wrong thing in public and being ill because of it.

I have exercised lots of my wii, exercise bike, walking, running up the stairs in my block.

Payback: messed up 2 week early totm and when that's died, left a weight gain!!!

I feel so depressed and lost. This is why I would weigh once a day. When I see gains I can start doing something about them.

Anyway, the regret is creeping in and slowly making each day feel it wasn't worth the trade in for me personally.

oh honey :( im so sorry you're feeling like this :wave_cry:
are you eating enough? are you drinking enough?
you may have a slower loss than others, and im sure everyone has a gain and regrets sometimes. Try to keep strong honey, im sure this will pass :flowers:

Fuffalina!!!stop it! *gives fuffs a shake*

Don't weigh daily - weight can fluctuate several tines a day, IRS very early daya and at the same point as you my losses were low and slow. We are all different and maybe you are still internally swollen ans retaining fluid. You are doing all the right things and it will happen - I'd u r worried speak to your team it will happen for you xxx

mayamoo said:
Fuffalina!!!stop it! *gives fuffs a shake*

Don't weigh daily - weight can fluctuate several tines a day, IRS very early daya and at the same point as you my losses were low and slow. We are all different and maybe you are still internally swollen ans retaining fluid. You are doing all the right things and it will happen - I'd u r worried speak to your team it will happen for you xxx

I haven't been weighing daily. That's the problem
Lol. Not weighed since last Saturday. I have been really good lol

Thanks ladies. My bypass is defective. I am taking it back lol

I thinks it's probably that with all the exercise you're not eating enough calories and your body has gone into starvation mode, so is holding onto everything. I'm sure it will Surat moving again soon, every time I stall I up my water intake and it seems to work. Don't be disheartened, our bodies aren't used to all this change xxx

Methinks you may be right Peachy. I drink a lot. But the exercise probably means that needs increasing again. Not weighing tomorrow.

My official weigh in can be next Saturday. I need to fix my relationship with my bypass lol

It's not a real gain! Proper weight gain/lose is a 6 week cycle!! It's great to see the scales going the right way, it rewards you to carry on, but try on something that used to be tight or you couldn't get into I bet it all looks better or fits even!! That's where the real truth is told.

Be strong, if you're doing the right things it will work.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Cicca said:
It's not a real gain! Proper weight gain/lose is a 6 week cycle!! It's great to see the scales going the right way, it rewards you to carry on, but try on something that used to be tight or you couldn't get into I bet it all looks better or fits even!! That's where the real truth is told.

Be strong, if you're doing the right things it will work.

xx.

Thanks for that Cicca xxx

On my way to Glastonbury for the day now. Will be a good test for me :) xxx

Fuffs said:
Thanks for that Cicca xxx

On my way to Glastonbury for the day now. Will be a good test for me :) xxx

I'm on the way to work! 7 hours working in a Bank, Glastonbury sounds like heaven! Enjoy.

But

I have had enough!!!

Fuffs if you are doing all that excercise you are probably building up muscle as well so I wouldn't be to disappointed I know it's disheartening when you have been so good but sister does a lot of excercise and her weight loss when on a diet is much slower. Hopefully next week this will come off and more. Hope you have good day .Wendy

Hi Sophie,
Just 6 weeks after a major operation your body and system will still be in shock. My TOTM was messed up after the op too, right as rain and regular as clockwork again now. Who needs messed up hormones at a time like this eh?!?
If you ate running up and down stairs and exercising a lot on reduced intake I'd say feeling weak and faint would be natural and not to do with the op but the external factors.

We all want to run before we can walk, but you need to treat yourself gently and with love and respect, you will get there. Nothing lasts forever - these feelings and this stage will pass. Your body and head have a lot to take in and get used to. A day at Glastonbury sounds like a good start x I hope you have a lovely time, enjoy the shops!

If your are exercising more I guess you could be putting on muscle mass?

Fuffs do you do a food diary?? this helps me but i have a diary and i write down all my food.. i also log it on my fitness pal to make sure i am having between 800 and 1200 cals a day and having over 60g of protein... i also log my fluids aswell so i have near of over 2ltr.
Also are you eating more....silly i know... but if yu are doing so much excercise you need to eat more so your body has fuel to burn xx i would recommend doing a ood and drink diary for a week then contacting your diatician. or even posting you intake on here so we can see if anything can be tweaked xx

Ah Fuffs, we all go through this to some degree!

You have had some good advice about keeping fluids up and making sure you are eating enough.

The food diary is a really good idea too even if you just use it for a few weeks to make sure you are eating enough. Chances are though it will become a good habbit to get into and really help you long term too xxx

SOPHIE :whoopass: Get a grip, honey :sigh:

How many posts have you seen like this? After all the years you have been a brick for others who feel the self doubt creeping up? It is only 6 weeks since you had major surgery :wave_cry: You know you are doing everything right but I think you may have had a patience bypass too :rolleyes: I was weeks & weeks before I saw any kind of significant loss, coming home from hospital heavier than when I went in & see sawing until I too thought they had just opened me up, had a rumage then sewn me back up :eek:
Come on, chick :) get that common sense head back on :rolleyes: You will soon see it was sooo worth it :)
Have a fabulous day at Glastonbury & start afresh tomorrow :)
Rant over & sending all kinds of love & hugs to prop you up whilst you have your wobble (((Sophie))) mwah xxx

Fuffs said:
I haven't been weighing daily. That's the problem
Lol. Not weighed since last Saturday. I have been really good lol

Thanks ladies. My bypass is defective. I am taking it back lol

Dont worry darling it will be fine. I am in the same situation as you. I haven't gain any but stuck at the same place till last 3 weeks. The feeling hurts but as everyone says it will start again. I'm just waiting for that moment. May be u r loosing inches. (((hugs)))

Oh Sophie, poor you - I can totally understand why you're feeling down.

BUT you've just had major surgery and your body is probably wondering what on earth is going on. PLUS you've seriously increased your exercise so not only are you probably not getting enough water BUT you're also building muscle which is heavier than fat.

Just keep eating healthy, exercising like a demon and drink, drink, drink and you'll get there hun. Hope you have a lovely day x

I remember posting in panic two weeks post op that I gained 3lb! I'm sure you can find that post if you look for it. It turned out to be dehydration. Once I started drinking like a camel it all came off plus another pound.

Right now I'm stuck again; I've lost the grand total of one pound in the past 3 weeks or so. It is disheartening, everyone wants to hurtle to goal at top speed but that's not how our bodies work. Patience, which isn't one of my greatest virtues, has to be employed here!

As you will remember I have moaned the last 2 weeks over my losses , well guess what , 4lbs off this week . Have patience hun & Yes I know , I should heed my words lol xx

Back