• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Totally devastated .. Edited to say but I'm gonna kick ass!!

slimmerkay

Well it seems I DID put weight on. THREE POUNDS since Saturday :(

I weighed myself again this morning on my scales under my usual conditions and I am 15st 5.5lbs. Was 15st 2.5lbs on Saturday.

Got hubby to weigh as well because he also got weighed Saturday and he is exactly the same as he was Saturday! So I MUST have gained the 3lb :cry:

I am totally depressed. I paid £9,650 for a gastric bypass and now find I have to put myself on a diet :eek:

I haven't altered my ticker or details on here as yet because I just can't face that yet - I mean, OMG a gain???? I will weigh in as usual Saturday morning and deal with it then.

Last edited:
Karen... it has to be something that you can sort and you have started to exercise so that is going to make a difference... don't panic.... it could be an all manner of things like TOTM and your cycle... don't feel upset love... it will be alright and you are doing so well... love and hugs xxx

I'm sure this is just a blip Karen....+ could hubby have lost a bit, meaning your scales are still out? Just a thought. Try not to panic love. Easier said than done I know, but I think lots of people DO have blips like this. xxx

Hi Karen, don't get downhearted... the gym scales were giving a positive reading... it's probably your home scales that are out... just keep postive xxx

It could be a number of things so don't panic and don't get into the habit of weighing yourself daily as the bodies weight can fluctuate by +/- 2-3 a day because of various things like water retention, needing a wee or a poo and various other things. It could also be as a reult of going to the gym, as you fat stores start turning to muscle.

I know it's easier said than done but try not to get into a tiz about it otherwise it has a knock on effect and will lead to a bad mind set and old habits will set in and be really hard to break x

PS it copuld also be your bodies way of trying to protect itself because of the lack of calories and the increased work load, it's still early days so relax x

(((hugz))) oh Karen, don't be devastated or start questioning the value of your bypass, in your heart, you probably know it was money well spent.

Don't beat yourself up hun (and please remind me that I said that when I'm on here complaining of a weight gain OK).

This is still a journey of ups and downs but what we know is the downs will out number the ups. Stay positive, you are still much lighter than you were a month ago, and the body fluctuates, we know this.

Even folks of a "normal" weight with "normal" eating habiots fluctuate. Stay positive and focussed, don't let it faze you. It's a blip, one of many you may experience.

Sorry to hear about your gain. As others have said it could be anything. If you look at things in the long term I reckon this could be a short term blip. So long as the general trend is downwards x

Keep your positive hat on please Karen... love and hugs... keep on trucking... you will feel better the benefit of all of your efforts... put your best foot forward love xxx

Karen..my advice is."HIDE THE SCALES"..
only weigh once a week....or every two weeks...
you are tourchuring yourself watching the numbers go up and down....and they will go down....sending virtual hugs x x x

Oh babes... you can't have lost 2lbs on one set of scales & gained 3 on another... it must be something to do with the new batteries & not a real gain.

You haven't wasted yr money you have done so well & will continue to do so. x

OhI love you guys. Thank you.

I am NOT going to let this bring me down. OK so I'm going to have to make some changes - eat smaller portions than I have been and ditch the "naughty" items, however little of them I have.

I'm off to the gym now with a detour to buy a gym bag because I need one because I'm going to go to the gym often.

I will not be beaten, I will learn from this and surge forward.

Well done on the gym. Be good to yourself today and kill it like you did yesterday. Looking forward to reading about what you did at the gym. :D

Hey Karen

Don't get too disheartened I go up and down by 2-3 pounds for days then thankfully settle at the lower weight, then it all begins again.

For example:

4 weeks ago I was 13st 13lbs which I had been for around two weeks, then I went down to 13st 9lbs back up to 13 12lbs and last week settled at 13st 7lbs.
I'm now 13st 4lbs but yesterday I was 13st 6lbs...:rolleyes:

But so long as the general trend it downwards I'm not too worried.

I weigh myself every day - which I know is silly but it's the smallest of my many faults :p.

Poppy xx

Karen - you can put on weight when you start going to the gym! Muscle really *IS* heavier than fat!

Also a little secret here, don't tell anyone ;) my weigh in day was Saturday (weighing monthly) but I was in Boots on Thursday and could not resist.....didn't tell anyone my weight but by Saturday I was 4lbs LIGHTER!!!! So a couple of days can make a difference! Maybe you are "bunged up" today or something ;)

hugs xxx

Hi Karen, Easier said than doneI know - but try not to worry about a wee gain as I'm sure it will be off again soon.
I've found my weight can fluctuate by a couple of pounds over the day so I'm trying to keep my weigh-ins to weekly now as the first few times it happened I was almost in tears.
Look at how well you have done so far and I bet you'll be on here in the next week or so with another great loss.

*Actually looking at Poppycorns stats my weight loss is very similar down, down, up a bit, down, down,.....as long as the downs keep coming I'm happy.

Happy to see you are keeping positive Karen, like everyone has said your weight goes up and down all the time and if we dont weight every day we wouldnt even notice. Ive got into this habit too and Im trying to stop doing it!! The gym is a great idea, keep at it hun :D XX

Dont panic. It will come off again in the next few days. I find I easy put on 2lbs when I havent been to the loo. Water also plays a huge part too. x

as everyone else has mentioned, you're goin to the gym, muscle will weigh more than fat, as you lose the fat it will be replaced with lean muscle, you can add/lose fat or muscle, but fat and muscle can't change from one to the other, i drink upwards of 4 litres of fluids at the gym, 1 litre=1kg=2.2lbs thus 4 litres=8.8lbs!! have i put it on?? if i weighed myself then yes, but in real terms, not really, the other thing to remember is that the op is not the only bit that helps you lose weight, it helps but that's all, you have to put in the hard work too, and by watching your diet and going to the gym, you're doing the best you can, well done and keep going, it's a marathon, not a sprint

You've all been lovely and supportive - as always. Dont know what I would do without this site. Actually yes I do, today I would have had chocolate and biscuits and sat watching daytime TV feeling sorry for myself.

I paid a lot of money for this op and (as some of you know) not all of it was my money. I will not let my good friend down by throwing his wonderful gift away.

I went shopping with hubby's money (lol) and got new gym clothes and trainers and then thrashed it out at the gym. Did a good hour and a half and didn't leave a thing out - not even the X Trainer (good eh Mixxie?). I certainly built up a sweat today. Now about to have a boiled egg because I had a tiny lunch and I need something to tide me over to lamb casserole tonight.

Oh I should add, hubby knows I spent his money lol. He was going on at me for wearing inappropriate footwear in the gym :rolleyes: and was adamant I get some proper trainers.

I feel good now :D Stuff what the scales say - I know I'm losing weight.

Oh by the way, the size 18 jeans arrived and fit like a dream :D

Back