• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Regrets

I almost guarantee you will be referring others to this post in a year or so. We ALL have what's known as Buyer's Remorse; or the "WTH have I DONE to myself??" I am sleeved and felt so rubbish after two weeks I was really worried, but then after addressing my vitamin intake I started feeling so much better and everything started looking brighter. Now ten months post op I feel great and have lost pretty much all the weight I wanted to lose.

The fluids does get better. I'm a week behind you having a sleeve. I was told yesterday I can take mouthfuls of drink now. I am having alsorts of stuff from, homemade soups, tea, Watered down juice etc and finding it much easier. It is really hard but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

I don't think you can prepare yourself preop for what it's actually like when making this life changing decision

I wholeheartedly agree. You can read all the literature on bariatric surgery going, and know the theory behind it all inside out, but everyone has their own personal experience and emotions after surgery.

I'd just say I think what you're feeling is pretty normal! Everything's all over the shop, everything's changing, you're re-adjusting to this totally new way of life...and in a few months this new way of life will become the norm and it'll be second nature.

Big hugs.

I felt the same way..beat myself up for putting myself through it but once you start to heal and the weight falls off you will think very differently!

I had complications and went through hell for a few months but I would still tell others to go through with the op....it didn't change my life, it gave me one!

Thanks everyone, this site is great! I'm feeling much more positive now... and I've lost two stone since pre-op!!!!! Drinking is now much easier and I'm now 10 days post op and feel pretty much normal. I could easily have gone back to work today but I have another week off (I do only work three days a week office based though).

Although I'm not at all hungry I do get a bit of head hunger, esp when feeding hubby and kids, but nothing like being on a normal diet when I'm trying to abstain - saying that, if I cheated now I'd probably die so thats enough to keep you on the straight and narrow lol

Occassionally, I feel lightheaded/dizzy and a bit faint and sicky but I'm sure that's due to the fact that I have almost no calories every day and will stop once I'm eating again (hopefully).

Ems

hi emma
sorry you not feeling to good
i am having band this sunday at dolan park
i am praying i will be ok, know you get wind pains etc
can hope cope with them but feeling like you do dreading it
as i will on my own i will have to told to the walls
good luck

kay xx

I can sooooo relate! I am four days post op and am finding it hard with the sipping. It so helps to read other posts. Try those small low fat ice lollies, that helps me to feel like I have something to "chew" on.
Keep going, we will look back on this in about three weeks and be proud of ourselves (as we eat our pureed foods)!
Rita xxx

Glad to see you are feeling better. It does start out like you felt and gradually it creep up that you feel better. I don't know why but after other major surgery everyone expects to feel like death for a while but after bypass the general feeling is you will wake up anew you while actually it is just the same as other surgeries feel like ***** to start with and then recover and start to feel better then well then marvellous as the weight comes off.

Good luck

M

Doodoo said:
I can sooooo relate! I am four days post op and am finding it hard with the sipping. It so helps to read other posts. Try those small low fat ice lollies, that helps me to feel like I have something to "chew" on.
Keep going, we will look back on this in about three weeks and be proud of ourselves (as we eat our pureed foods)!
Rita xxx

Hi Doodoo,where do you get those small low fat iced lollies from?

emmakc said:
Thanks everyone, this site is great! I'm feeling much more positive now... and I've lost two stone since pre-op!!!!! Drinking is now much easier and I'm now 10 days post op and feel pretty much normal. I could easily have gone back to work today but I have another week off (I do only work three days a week office based though).

Although I'm not at all hungry I do get a bit of head hunger, esp when feeding hubby and kids, but nothing like being on a normal diet when I'm trying to abstain - saying that, if I cheated now I'd probably die so thats enough to keep you on the straight and narrow lol

Occassionally, I feel lightheaded/dizzy and a bit faint and sicky but I'm sure that's due to the fact that I have almost no calories every day and will stop once I'm eating again (hopefully).

Ems

Glad your feeling more positive now,forwards is the only way,don't luck back!

iceland have those lollies they're milk ones i think you can get strawberry flavour as well, i also had and still do sugar fee jelly with no added sugar angel delight (well tesco actually but it's same thing ) it gives you something nice and easy to eat and feels like you've had a pud if you miss that kind of thing x

angiemason - I had the angel delight no added sugar from tesco last night. I made half packet up with semi-skimmed goats milk (which I'm fine with) and half hour later I thought I was going to die. My heart was racing, I felt sick, faint and dizzy. I'll obviously never eat that again, but just wondering, do you think it was because I ate half a packet of it or because I'm two weeks out? I'll post this on its own as well in case you don't see this!!

Thanks

Emma

Could be it just doesn't agree with you although I will say half a packet is excessive. Even at six months out and able to eat more than most I wouldn't be able to have that much.

I really don't feel any restriction yet - I started purees today (although not eaten anything yet) so I'm sure the restriction will kick in soon. I'm the same with fluids I can pretty much drink anything. I'm not going to worry as I remember Amanda had this too!!!

That is true, but it is up to us to restrict ourselves to sensible portions until restriction does kick in. Which takes a good month. The risk is you may still stretch your pouch even if you don't feel restriction. Try to stick to providers guidelines until you do get restriction.

Hi, you're right - I'd been sticking to the 125ml an hour and when I made up half a pack yesterday it really didn't look much in the bowl. I was obviously wrong though! How many spoonfuls did you eat on puree stage?

I stuck to a ramekin in the puree stage. But I think I had something every three hours. Then on soft foods went up to a teaplate. My restriction has kicked in fully now and I can't always manage my teaplate. Whereas I could in the early days.

Back