• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon removal

loz31uk

well im on day 2 of the liquid diet ready for balloon removal tomora im quite surprised i dont feel as hungry as i thought i would just dreading the procedure to be honest but least once its done i can be put on the waiting list for my sleeve cant wait :)

Is it ok to ask why you had the balloon first if you are wanting the sleeve? Your doing brilliantly by the way, keep it up xx

hi, good luck for tomorrow - let us know what its like...!

hi thanks all xx
i had balloon first because had to as psychologist said he wanted me too to see if my body could cope with it and now he has agreed for me to have sleeve xx

good luck xx

hope it went well xx

hi all thanks for the well done and good luck wishes xx

had balloon removed took about 15mins had to wait 30mins before could leave afterwards (had to have someone with me) as had sedation and throat spray well lost 4st 2lb all together really happy with that.
got home and felt fine just abit drained and tired so just chilled on settee had a great nights sleep and woke this mornig feeling great got a little bit of sore throat but apart from that all is good xx

Glad all went well. Hope your feeling 100% really soon and the waiting list for sleeve isnt too long xx

thanks amberleigh xx

Hi Loz, wow that's an excellent weight loss - congratulations! Glad to hear that the removal went pretty well for you and you're fighting fit again. Do you still have to see the psychiatrist while you wait for the sleeve?

thanks novamay xx
im going to see psychologist 5th july and hoping wont have to see him again after then x

hopefully you will get your date for your sleeve soon fingers crossed

I'm off on Wednesday to have my balloon put in hope I can lose as much xxx

Hi Loz,

That's a great result - can I ask which balloon you had and where you got it fitted please?

Thanks
Sally

Hi Loz,
Did you get a letter from SRH advising of date for removal? how much notice did you get? and how many days fasting do you have to do...

hi sally was the 6month balloon had in and was sunderland royal hospital x

thanks novamay yes got a letter about 2 weeks before date and had to ring to confirm i was going also 48hours before you go in for it to be removed you only allowed:

clear soup
low fat yoghurts
tea and coffee
fruit juice or/and low calorie squash
skimmed or semi-skimmed milk
no other food allowed
and from midnight before you go in you got to be nil by mouth
hope this helps hun x

Thanks Loz, I got my letter yesterday - am booked in for removal on the 10th August.

Hopefully we'll both be sleeved before xmas!

hi novamay i had phonecall from hospital today was offered 10th of aug for my sleeve but had to make it 28th of sept as going away 8th of sept for a week and you not allowed to fly for 6 weeks but all excited now x good luck with balloon removal x

Wow - that's quick! It'll be like Christmas come early... I'm so pleased for you! ;-)

I seeing psych next week for session, so definitely going to snatch his hand off for the sleeve!

Back