• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon removal

thanks novamay just glad i got date and when see psychologist i can tell him i got date x

so is it sleeve you wanting as thats what imn having done x

I was orignally approved for a bypass by the Panel in May last year but pscyh hadn't done his report for the Board at that time, and later didn't agree that a Bypass would be best for me due to me using food as an emotional crutch. After many sessions he's now asked me to consider a sleeve instead of bypass as I was fine with the restriction from the balloon.

yea they choose bypass tony wells was gonna agree with that for me after balloon but i wasnt sure and discussed sleeve with hubby and tony wells and thats what has been agreed and i feel much better with that xx

I had been thinking about the sleeve but wasnt sure if it would be restrictive enough for me - but if I can manage on the balloon restriction then I think sleeve should be ok. Also don't fancy the malabsorption that you get with the bypass.

I got my sleeve 5 weeks ago I think it's fantastic. It's like a switch has been changed in my head to cause I look at food differently! It now it's fuel that's it! Strange feeling but fantastic that food is no longer running my life xxx

I had been thinking about the sleeve but wasnt sure if it would be restrictive enough for me - but if I can manage on the balloon restriction then I think sleeve should be ok. Also don't fancy the malabsorption that you get with the bypass.
Hi
Im 7 months post sleeve and its really good restriction, proper nutritious food can only be eaten in very small quantities. The removal of the ghrelin gland literally removes your appetite and its a strange feeling not feeling hungry, the complete opposite to how i used to feel!!

Kim

really looking forward to my sleeve thanks all for info x

I've noticed a definite change in my appetite even with the balloon. The restriction isn't as good as it was at the beginning but the hunger isn't really as prominent anymore and I am able to stop and think if I find myself peering into the cupboards - hopefully this will continue with the sleeve. Kim, have you ever been tempted to eat past the restriction or do you get pains/signs when you are getting full up?

Its impossible to eat any more than your pouch can hold, it stops you in your tracks and no more can be eaten. i have tried for that last mouthfull and the pain and uncomfortable feeling you get is horrible and you learn fast not to do it again!!

Kim

thats a good thing then kim i so cant wait for mine 8 weeks on friday hehe xx

That's what I need too.

eeh Loz only 8 weeks - it'll fly over.

i know hun 5weeks till i go bulgaria then be 2 weeks when i get back x

Back