• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Restriction

buglady

Hi drastic banders ! Just a quickie to those of you who have proper restriction. I really feel I have proper restriction at the mo I'm gonna try to describe it it's hard I was wondering if anyone else feels the same?!! When I eat I feel a tightness rather like wanting to burp but can't I can usually manage 2 mouthfuls wait 5 mins then very slow small mouthfuls not much a small serving spoon of shepherds pie last night and a spoon of sweetcorn. Drinking is limited to a mouthful then another after it's gone down but gone are the days a pint of water can be drunk. Just recently when laying in bad at night if I lay on the port side for too long it feels achie bit weird but generally half an hour to eat my meal very slowly but my dinner is always cold by the end. Can't manage much b4 10 either?xx

Sorry can't offer any advice but just had a giggle.... My eldest daughter calls it a "drastic band" to XX

Hiya, I also call it at drastic band lol.

Although I don't feel that I'm at full restriction yet I have just experienced similar feelings to yours when eating my dinner. It was salmon and roast veg, managed around 1/2 the salmon piece and a couple of spoonfuls of veg, and this was progress as last week the salmon got stuck and then came back up. I'm still ok with drinking though. Hopefully a long termer will be along soon to help xx

I am a long termer but just took me nearly 2 years to get proper restriction due to leaky tubes etc but hopefully back on track now!! I've always called my band because I've had to take drastic measures to loose weight!! Love it !!x

Hiya Allison xxx Good to see you around !
I would say it's restriction allright and maybe edging towards a bit on the too tight side..
I think it does seem a bit tighter in the mornings for me too sometimes but I can usually get my brekkie down.
I have about 8cc in a 9cc band so mine is pretty full.

I am at the stage where I can eat 3 meals a day and not need to snack so I dare to say my sweet spot?? It does vary with stress and PMT etc though!

I think if you can eat enough to lose weight and feel good in yourself , that is what I think is going to be the best thing.
Keep an eye on it because you sound from what you have said like you aren't eating quite enough but almost. I hope that makes sense.
I think as long as you are losing and feel well in yourself then it's OK.
But if you start to feel blah and the weight stalls, then maybe a really small adjustment so you can eat better would do the trick?

I also have cold dinners by the time I am half way through and it takes about 30 mins to eat my evening meal I reckon x

Yea it takes me about that long to get a meal down and can very rarely finish it, I get extremely tight in the mornings I've given up trying to eat until about 10 or 11 now, or if I do its half a slimfast or something. It sounds like you have enough restriction if not a bit too much....I am 2 years out and still have trouble sleeping on my port which is to the left of my belly button, its a pain in the butt sometimes!!!

I am 9 & 1/2 months out and I am like you but not as restricted ( I can eat a little more) and towards the end of my meals normally end up cold also. I drink half a mouthful at a time or I end up with feeling like I have gulped too much down at one time . I would agree with NeeN that your restriction does seem a little on the tight side judging by how little your able to eat, and considering shepherds pie should go down quite easily. HTH all the best - Julie xx

Thanks everyone for your input ive been thinking actually feel my band isnt too tight at the moment, not saying you are wrong in maybe thinking it is too tight, but as i was led to believe when i first had a chat with the surgeon he said my portion size would reduce significantly like a fist full. It is a harsh reality when im used to overloading my plate to now only be able to eat half a pork chop and 1 roast potato and 2 baby sweetcorns but i am managing it slowly, when i used to whoof my dinner down and not really taste it now i have to say i taste my food which is how it should be. My portions are alot less than most people but im alot bigger than most people!!! What ill do as im having monthly checkups at spire( because of all the problems ive had) is to keep going and getting weighed and as long as im loosing gradually im loosing 1-2lbs a week on average at the mo, then if my weight loss becomes too much a week ill have a small defill because i dont want to loose too much at once this is not what the band is about! So im gonna stick at the 10mls in my band at the mo and see how i go but thank you everyone once again for all your free advice its so good to get opinions from people that know friends and family dont have a clue i find you have to have one to know one !!xx

Back