• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sept 4 surgery buddies

My nurse let me suck a small ice cube as I was so dry. They might let you do the same x

Hi I'm glad to hear you ok, sorry to hear about the liquids, I'm ok at keeping water down haven't tried anything else but the gas pain I have in my chest arms etc is unbelievable. Also I'm having to cough a lot because of the anaesthetic which is really hurting my stomach :( how do you feel otherwise. I'm in quite a lot of pain on my right aide and have 6 holes!!! Only thought I would have 4!

I had 6 holes too, but they're all practically healed up now.
I was in agony in my back, arms, legs, neck etc..so after I had a moan about it to the nurse she told me that when you're in surgery they put your legs in stirrups and crank them wide open so that the surgeon can stand between them to operate! I know..so dignified!
But apparently your back and neck take all the pressure.
I'm guessing it was much the same for you as we had the same surgeon!
Hope you're feeling better soon.
Em xxxx

danic-johnson said:
Hi I'm glad to hear you ok, sorry to hear about the liquids, I'm ok at keeping water down haven't tried anything else but the gas pain I have in my chest arms etc is unbelievable. Also I'm having to cough a lot because of the anaesthetic which is really hurting my stomach :( how do you feel otherwise. I'm in quite a lot of pain on my right aide and have 6 holes!!! Only thought I would have 4!

I'm just really sleepy. Not too much pain...still got one drain in. Did a check today to make sure no leaks around staple line. Still on a drip so having really small sips now and then. Haven't really got any wind pain. Not sure how many holes I have, it's all covered up still.

Hope you get a good nights sleep and the wind pain eases up a little.

Op done, had a long wait, got in at 9 op done around 4, went home thursday, in a bit of pain but coping, only 5 holes, brought a bottle of water as I left the hospital still got it here, finding it hard to fit all my fluids in.

Morning Danic I'm 7 days post op today and managing to drink pretty much anything and eating soups, fromage frais and smoothies! Had my first weigh in and have lost 13lb !!! Love feels great :) how is everyone else ? X

Ohh I'm so jealous lol I'm managing water and a little milk everything else is just sitting on top of my sleeve and is so painful :( how much water an other fluids like smoothies etc ate you able to drink at once?

Oh bless you Danic that can't be much fun :( I'm able to eat half a tin of soup, I could probably have more but stop when I feel full. Water I'm having around 3 lts a day. I dont have a sleeve though I have a band so might make a difference. Hope it loosens a little soon.

danic-johnson said:
Ohh I'm so jealous lol I'm managing water and a little milk everything else is just sitting on top of my sleeve and is so painful :( how much water an other fluids like smoothies etc ate you able to drink at once?

Hi danic, my plication left me feeling the same way as you. I have been told the way my stomach has been left is most similar to a sleeve and I am to treat it as though I have had the sleeve operation.
It took me 5 or 6 days before I could get more than about 500ml in a day. Then quite quickly the swelling must have gone down and I was able to try thicker fluids. It was a really stuggle to begin with and I got quite down thinking something must have gone wrong because I couldnt even get water in but bare with it you will soon turn a corner and feel able to managed a bit more. X

Hey sorry to hear it, I know how uncomfortable it is :( did you always feel like you had air trapped right in centre of your vest an throat?

danic-johnson said:
Hey sorry to hear it, I know how uncomfortable it is :( did you always feel like you had air trapped right in centre of your vest an throat?

Yes!! Whenever I drink ANYTHING!! The wind pain is worse when I'm stressed I've found. Hope everyone is doing well...

Have u tryed peppermint tea only I have just been told earlier today this should help move it (wind) that is
Best luck Lisa

How is everyone getting on?

My surgery was on 5th Sept. was continually sick from day two - day five and even had the hospital worried, but then all fell into place. Started on mussy food on Monday and being sick after each meal. Will get there though. :)

handbag-annie said:
How is everyone getting on?

My surgery was on 5th Sept. was continually sick from day two - day five and even had the hospital worried, but then all fell into place. Started on mussy food on Monday and being sick after each meal. Will get there though. :)

I've been sick alot with mush food and it's only today am feeling ok no sickness or even feeling sick
:)
I had mine done 25/8/12
Thing do get easyier
Lisa x

Hi I've bad mine done on sept 4 and luckily no sickness. I was told I had a bleed in theatre and my sleeve is very right so I'm on liquids only for at least 4 weeks :( I can't wait to go onto mushy food I can't Ben have yogurts or anything I'm living on I glass of milk and I tin of soup throughout the day and it's becoming very boring :(. How has you weight loss been so far for the August/sept servers?

I'm not sure why but reading this I feel a bit crap.

I mean I know everyone's different, but I had my band on 31/08 and was hungry pretty much straight away. I'm now allowed 'normal' protein rich foods and, yes, they are a lot smaller but I feel like I've healed too well if you know what I mean, like I don't want to be hungry but I am as normal as before...

Don't get me wrong I'm glad I don't have sickness but I feel quite alone with this :(

Anyway I have my first band fill on 15th October so fingers crossed that will help :,S.

xxx

Vespa said:

I mean I know everyone's different, but I had my band on 31/08 and was hungry pretty much straight away. I'm now allowed 'normal' protein rich foods and, yes, they are a lot smaller but I feel like I've healed too well if you know what I mean, like I don't want to be hungry but I am as normal as before...

Don't get me wrong I'm glad I don't have sickness but I feel quite alone with this :(

Anyway I have my first band fill on 15th October so fingers crossed that will help :,S.

xxx

Vespa said:

xxx

Oh don't get up set chick
Everyone different after op some has a restriction straight away and some don't

I had a restriction straight away but now I feel like it gone as am hungry and never had this:-( but it prob just my body healed
Am sure u will feel better after a full
Lisa x

Back