• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sept 4 surgery buddies

danic-johnson

Et I'm due to have my surgery on 4th September and was wondering if anybody is having surgery close I mine so we can buddy up and help each other. I'm having mine done in Sheffield by mr ackroyd so anyone who is due before or after mine I would live to hear from you. :) x

Hi

I was supposed to have mine last week but got cancelled, am due 6th September instead now, what are you having? I'm having a bypass

Hi,

I am being banded on the 1st Sept, always up for having a buddy to go through this with me :)

What are you having done?

Jane x

Hiya im having surgery the 27th August (next monday eeek) in Leicester, would love a buddy x

Oooo 3 buddies already :). I'm having a sleeve done. I'm a little worried about knowing ht I can and can't have afterwords. I want to try and prepare some stuff and freeze before my surgery for when I move from liquids to puréed but I'm not sure what's the best x

For those of us having surgery onthe 4th have you started your pre op diet. My surgeon said 10. Days milk and yoghurt and tomorrows my first day :)

Today is my first day on the milk diet and I dont like milk but its all about the liver shrink!

All the best and it will whizz by

Jane x

Ive just been told to due a low fat diet for the week before :) im doing the slim fast thing a shake for breakfast and dinner and a low cal meal at tea.
Ive found it quite easy as it saves me having to think about what to have :D

Cant beleive its only 3 days to go :eek: and to be honest at the moment im getting a little nervous so my appetite has deminished, lets hope it lasts :8855:

Wow not long to go :) for those on the milk diet are you having 2 yoghurts also? If so I know they have to be fat free but what kind are you having? Do yours have fruit in or are they just plain fat free Greek style yoghurts? X

danic-johnson said:
Wow not long to go :) for those on the milk diet are you having 2 yoghurts also? If so I know they have to be fat free but what kind are you having? Do yours have fruit in or are they just plain fat free Greek style yoghurts? X

I'm having low fat Greek yoghurt- nothing in it. Also another Total 0% fat greek yoghurt by Fage. Takes some getting used to cause quite thick but nice.

Omg just bought the Greek yoghurt and VOM there's no way I can have it I was gagging :( do I HAVE to have it or do you think I can just have my milk???

I can do either 4 pints of semi milk or limitless yogurts! Last time before op was cancelled I did the 2 weeks on the milk diet. Not just because I couldn't bear repeating what I have already done I am doing the yogurt one, was a bit worried as I'm not that keen. But frozen they are yummy! My guidelines say just diet ones, low fat and low sugar. I am finding I am much more fuller for longer with the yogurts rather than the milk, but this might be as I have already done the pre-op I overcame a lot of hunger problems and don't really have that issue now.

Day 2 of milk diet I can't have the natural Greek yoghurt so I think I'm going to have 4 pints of skimmed milk instead. I hope this is ok. Woke up with a mega headache :( x

Aww no- I did, too! Plenty of fluid is the key but I still have a raging headache- and I'm constantly in a bad mood. Had a dream last night it was Thursday and I was having my band the next day- grrr when I work up and realised its only Sunday :( hah- wont be long now, though x

My op is the 31st. I'm on a 1 week pre op diet of low sugar/low carb. I am finding it really easy as I was dreading being given the milk diet as I really struggle with milk and yogurt!
Although having to really think about what to eat is a problem as food is always on my mind, i might have found that side of it easier if I only had a few items to choose from!

Hey Sara, I'm the same, op on 31st and 1 week pre op- although I'm on unlimited yogurts- its so hard but I'm lucky it's only 1 week! It's all worth it in the end though!! x

Back