• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Revisioners please share your success stories

Good God, please tell me it's not yours...

Good luck to all the revisioners, hope I never have to be in that position.

Nah, just found it , but would love to rebirth myself size wise. I don't do tats

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

oooooo I got my operation date :)))) Thursday 13th feb at Luton. Been told I need a by pass and am happy with that. However I have so much scarring from band in and out and tummy tuck and emergency op last march, they can't guarantee anything as there will be many lesions inside. He will do his best. If not can be sleeved and even worse just sewn back up again. He said I was a real challenge and would be in theatre at least five hours and may need to be opened up rather than key hole. It will be suck it and see. I will also be booked into the high dependency unit afterwards :(. He is going to video me too through the operation due to the complexities for training purposes. Ill be famous! Ha! So i have my arthroscopy tomorrow ( knee repair) and then 3 weeks later the big op. ill be a bionic woman :) looking forward to being on the losing side with you all :) whoopie!

I am going in next Tuesday for my revision. Had a band for 6 years but it has been empty for the last 4. Lost 4 stone in the 2 years I had it filled and put 1 back on in the following 2 years. Lost that and more by exercise and diet but started having a few problems with the band, vomiting when starting to eat but not all the time.

Mr Small suggested a revision to the band, as it will also help with my diabetes, so I am almost ready to go.

I am going in next Tuesday for my revision. Had a band for 6 years but it has been empty for the last 4. Lost 4 stone in the 2 years I had it filled and put 1 back on in the following 2 years. Lost that and more by exercise and diet but started having a few problems with the band, vomiting when starting to eat but not all the time.

Mr Small suggested a revision to the band, as it will also help with my diabetes, so I am almost ready to go.

Great stuff. Let us k ow how u get on. I'm due my revision three weeks today, but broke my keg two days ago so its up in the air at the moment. Grrrr

I am going in next Tuesday for my revision. Had a band for 6 years but it has been empty for the last 4. Lost 4 stone in the 2 years I had it filled and put 1 back on in the following 2 years. Lost that and more by exercise and diet but started having a few problems with the band, vomiting when starting to eat but not all the time. Mr Small suggested a revision to the band, as it will also help with my diabetes, so I am almost ready to go.

Good luck BFB
I've just revised to a bypass too. Early days but I feel such relief to have that band out. I've no issues with the post op diet. I'm so used to the band making me uncomfortable and sick and so far I've not felt this again. I would say being a previous bander has helped make me an ideal candidate for a bypass.
So far I've been lucky and had no complications. I hope this continues :)

Question about revision

Hello _ I don't tend to use these forums much so sorry if this is in the wrong place! I had Roux-en-y gastric bypass march 2008 and lost just over 12 and half stone getting down to 14st - for me that was positively skinny and I was pretty happy with that - for the first time in my life I wasn't stressing about loosing weight it was like a huge pressure had been lifted. I kept the weight off relatively easily and went on to have a baby in 2010 and didn't gain any weight with that pregnancy but then had another baby in sept 2013 and gained 2st. I have spent the last 4mths trying and failing to loose this weight and it is totally freaking me out, I cannot seem to loose it - I loose a few pounds and then put it back on again very easily. It seems my restriction has gone and my pouch is no longer working I am terrified I am going to gain more weight. I have been reading and discovered that some bypass patients have a revision operation called band after bypass. My questions are - has anyone had this op and under what circumstances did they have it? Did they have to pay or was it NHS funded? Did it do the trick and help them start to loose weight again? Any information about this and revision surgery in general would be much appreciated. I feel such a failure I haven't got the nerve to go and speak to my GP about it. Thank you.

Hi Martha you could try the five day pouch test but I have a friend who is in a very similar position she has just been banded she had a bypass in 2007 lost loads then it slowly started to go up and she has just had a band fitted doing good now
Good luck with it
Mark

thats very interesting - do you know under what circumstances she was approved for more wls on nhs? did she have to go back to her gp or did she go to the surgeon/hospital directly? sorry for all the questions I'm just trying to arm myself with as much information as possible incase I have to go back to my GP. Also what area does she live in as sometimes different trusts have different criteria (although I'm not too sure about that anymore, it was the case when I originally had my surgery). Also i looked at the 5day pouch test but i am vegetarian and i was trying to work out how i could make it work (even if I could manage to stick to it). Thank you for replying....

Band after bypass, what a daunting thought :/

Sliced and diced in the morning. See you on the other side.

Fab mr big skinny bloke :) x

Back