• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass running after gastric bypass

That's fantastic, well done! Can't wait until I can do that distance. Really want to raise money for British blind sports, as that's my passion.

Very early days for me but I have started 'running' too... I have been training on my treadmill P1 is a pre-programmed walk with inclines was on that for a bout 8 weeks as I slowly started dropping the weight.. been working my way up P3 has a couple of minutes of a slow jog, which I started to feel was getting easy. So started P4 today.. I ran faster and longer than I have ever ran before.. then it got faster so I panicked and tried to reduce the speed, but in my panic speeded it up and nearly went flying off the back of the treadmill.. but at least it gives me something to work up to. All my like I have had dreams where I am running and have always woken up thinking if only I could.. now baby steps its coming true...

Very early days for me but I have started 'running' too... I have been training on my treadmill P1 is a pre-programmed walk with inclines was on that for a bout 8 weeks as I slowly started dropping the weight.. been working my way up P3 has a couple of minutes of a slow jog, which I started to feel was getting easy. So started P4 today.. I ran faster and longer than I have ever ran before.. then it got faster so I panicked and tried to reduce the speed, but in my panic speeded it up and nearly went flying off the back of the treadmill.. but at least it gives me something to work up to. All my like I have had dreams where I am running and have always woken up thinking if only I could.. now baby steps its coming true...

Well done Beegee even an attempt that went wrong has shown you that you can be where you want to be so keep on improving on what you really want :)

I know what you mean. I always have these dreams and never thought I could, but actually I have run my first 10 K race two weeks ago and except for the fact that I couldn't get a medal because they ran out, it was amazing. Now training for Cheltenham half marathon.

The only issue I have now is that sometimes after long runs, especially 6 miles or more, I get a severe case of hunger the next day. I hope I don't eat too much so that I don't to sabotage the weight loss. I only have healthy snacks in the house, but even they, if eating too much of them, could cause me to pile on the weight again so really need to be careful. Does anyone who has been running longer than me have any tips?

I was bitten by the running bug 12 years ago pre-surgery but of course got faster as my weight reduced with the band, & got slower as my weight increased again
I'm now 2 & 1/2 weeks post revision to bypass but had my op converted from laparoscopic to open so I know the recovery will take longer. Really missing my running but all I can manage so far is a slow walk.
I'd love to be able to do a half marathon at the end of October but I guess I'll have to take it as it comes. ( I have done 10 half marathons & 2 marathons - veeeery slowly- over the years)

Back