• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Salt?

Jamast

Okay, not sure if this is in the right place, but I have a question about this 'milk diet'.

I notice that those on it all seem to mention having a 'stock cube' included in their diet for salt. What happens if you can't possibly stomach that sort of thing?

The smell of stock cubes/boullion cubes actually makes me vomit - will this be a major problem?

Last edited:
My surgeon never even mentioned the oxo drink I just have some because others mentioned they could ... And I love gravy lol so I'm thinking not - but I'm not a doctor :) hope this helped xx

Its worth just discussing it with your dietitcian if you need to do it before your op. Bovril is an acceptable alternative if that's any better for you?

My surgeon never even mentioned the oxo drink I just have some because others mentioned they could ... And I love gravy lol so I'm thinking not - but I'm not a doctor :) hope this helped xx

But gravy doesn't smell or taste anything like stock drinks. I hope whomever I get for a surgeon doesn't mention it too lol

Its worth just discussing it with your dietitcian if you need to do it before your op. Bovril is an acceptable alternative if that's any better for you?

OOOOEEERRR - NOOOOOOOO
Bovril, marmite, vegemite etc - all as bad, if not worse. Just the thought of any of these is actually turning my stomach at the moment.

I can't stand bovril etc myself. I was iffy about the stock cubes but have found two I like, particularly with milk.

I just lick some marmite off a spoon...

I can't stand bovril etc myself. I was iffy about the stock cubes but have found two I like, particularly with milk.

It's the smell and years of having to drink the stuff as a child. I don't even want to imagine it with milk lol :D

To be fair I'm a gravy holic I laavv it lol! The beef oxo isn't that bad nor the chicken oxo x

Let's hope you won't need salt then lol otherwise you'll be having salty milkshakes haha x

Let's hope you won't need salt then lol otherwise you'll be having salty milkshakes haha x

My DH just suggested that I could always suck on some crisps and not actually eat them lol :D

I think it depends wot milk diet you do, I did the milk diet but mine also included a small bowl of vegetable soup a day so I got my salt through that, each hospital is different xx

I think it depends wot milk diet you do, I did the milk diet but mine also included a small bowl of vegetable soup a day so I got my salt through that, each hospital is different xx

I could do the soup - so if I do get a diet that involves a stock cube (or similar item) at least I can offer an alternative. Thank You

All stock cubes and makes taste very different.

There is them Knorr Stockpots now too.

And Bovril tastes more like gravy than marmite.

I have put up which much I am not keen on. Just gotta be done as my bypass meant too much to me :D

Well said Fuffs!!!!

All stock cubes and makes taste very different.

There is them Knorr Stockpots now too.

And Bovril tastes more like gravy than marmite.

I have put up which much I am not keen on. Just gotta be done as my bypass meant too much to me :D

With all due respect fuffs - it's not about putting up with something that I am not keen on, it's about avoiding something that makes me violently sick!!

Back