• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

FeeBee

Well done on the loss firstly and the walk you took sounds lovely.
Clothes are a law unto themselves aren't they? It makes even less sense when you have seemingly similar items from the same place and they don't fit the same way.

I know what you mean about additional pain when you can exercise more. For me it generally feels worth it but they don't tell you about that when they're telling you that exercise will help you feel less pain do they? *eyeroll*

I'm sorry you're having to deal with other people's anxieties right now, you really don't need that. I hope Monday goes well. I'll be hopefully finding out about potential further surgery too so I shall distract myself by thinking about how you're getting on if that's ok. Hopefully sorting out your laptop will keep you out of trouble too although I nearly chucked the work laptop out of an upstairs window on Wednesday because it just wouldn't do the simplest thing!

FeeBee

Oh also thanks for the heads up about the bars. Aldi seem to be doing more and more gluten free stuff which is really helpful as it tends to be so much cheaper!

SAM55

Well done on the loss firstly and the walk you took sounds lovely.
Clothes are a law unto themselves aren't they? It makes even less sense when you have seemingly similar items from the same place and they don't fit the same way.

I know what you mean about additional pain when you can exercise more. For me it generally feels worth it but they don't tell you about that when they're telling you that exercise will help you feel less pain do they? *eyeroll*

I'm sorry you're having to deal with other people's anxieties right now, you really don't need that. I hope Monday goes well. I'll be hopefully finding out about potential further surgery too so I shall distract myself by thinking about how you're getting on if that's ok. Hopefully sorting out your laptop will keep you out of trouble too although I nearly chucked the work laptop out of an upstairs window on Wednesday because it just wouldn't do the simplest thing!
Thanks Fee, we can transmit positive vibes to each other and then compare notes later :) What time is your appointment? Mine is 10.15.

Just to add to the pain, have had to take cat to vet and has suspected pneumonia! Why is the sum weight of a cat in a box, always more than its constituent parts?

Not even thinking about the financial pain yet, until he goes for check up on Thursday - hopefully that will tip it over the excess on the insurance... it could be bye, bye a new pair of sandals that fit. :(

Off to meet a friend to go dog walking with her - at least it has stopped raining :)

countrywench

New shoes ? What an awful beautiful burden lol ! I love looking at those wonderful small size pretty girly shoes ! Wishing my cart horse hooves would fit into them ..
xxxxx

SAM55

New shoes ? What an awful beautiful burden lol ! I love looking at those wonderful small size pretty girly shoes ! Wishing my cart horse hooves would fit into them ..
xxxxx
New shoes are a dream now (not that small size pretty girly shoes float my boat - trainers and Crocs are more my thing, and somewhat cross that the two new pairs of Crocs I bought last year are two big, and i cannot walk in them), as one of my cats has has got pneumonia and I have a £74 vet bill! :(

FeeBee

Poor cat :( get well soon x.
My appointment is 2.20 so training session, work then hospital, another nice relaxing Monday ;)

SAM55

Celebrating today :wee::woohoo::stickdance: After 14 long years I have finally been put on the waiting list for full knee replacement surgery :banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer::banana_dancer: and I still haven't quite made the BMI of 35 @countrywench that they wanted of me in Nov 15. Waiting list is 6 months unless I get a cancellation, but what is a few months after all this time?? At least I can get on and enjoy the summer, get a few more pounds off and build up my muscles. :) :)

countrywench

Oh wow that's awesome news ! Bloody amazing .. so so pleased for you :)
I actually went and made an appointment with the surgery today so that was weird ! Going to ask for my referral now ..
You must be feeling so relieved
Xxxxxx

SAM55

I actually went and made an appointment with the surgery today so that was weird ! Going to ask for my referral now ..
Xxxxxx

The euphoria has worn off a bit this evening after a rather difficult meeting, but I haven't quite hit the panic button (YET!)on 'how will I cope post surgery on my own, with 13 outside steps, not being able to drive, and my local community hospital has just closed'??

Hope you get a good a result or better as me...

FeeBee

That's fantastic news @SAM55 :) the knee replacement patients I used to have hydrotherapy with all said it was the best thing they'd done :) hopefully you'll have enough time to get some support in place for afterwards?

Want2b3

That is great news to hear you have been accepted to sort your knee @SAM55 sorry been so busy. Hope your cat is better! Refuse to leave hospital and block the bed! Get occupational therapist to do home assessment and get social services carers in for those few weeks to help you wash dress and do a simple light lunch. Buy online and have shopping delivered. get grabber from home bargains for 99p it was my life saver after my operation.

SAM55

That is great news to hear you have been accepted to sort your knee @SAM55 sorry been so busy. Hope your cat is better! Refuse to leave hospital and block the bed! Get occupational therapist to do home assessment and get social services carers in for those few weeks to help you wash dress and do a simple light lunch. Buy online and have shopping delivered. get grabber from home bargains for 99p it was my life saver after my operation.
Having been a victim of bed blocking, I feel very strongly about not doing it. I also don't want to be stuck in a hospital miles from anyone I know. Social Services are so stretched in my area, it is virtually impossible to get any carers in. I couldn't get anyone when I had WLS, despite two of us flagging it up in advance, but came home anyway as at least I could get a wash there and my meds, which I hadn't been able to get in hospital because they were so short staffed. Have had lots of surgery but that was one of the worst hospital experiences of my life. I do, do online grocery shopping, and I have had a grabber for years.

Merlin is a lot better thanks.

SAM55

Xxxxxx
Hope you get it. :)

SAM55

Well another 1lb off this week. One hydro session, one mile and half walk over very bumpy ground. Had the munchies yesterday for some reason. Seeing dietitian on Wednesday - oh joy :( Haven't seen her since November so hoping she will notice the difference!

Bought a pair of shorts from Sainsbury's as I was told off at knee appointment for not having any with me to protect my modesty - they don't routinely provide blankets any more. The outside world won't get to see them, but guessing I won't be able to buy shorts in November.

Back is feeling a lot better but being careful of what I do. :)

Pussy cat now better but my purse is feeling the strain. :(

Still waiting to hear about ESA :( :(

FeeBee

Well done on the loss but I think it's a bit off telling you off for not having any shorts! That wouldn't automatically occur to me tbh and they should have a sheet or something to protect your modesty for any kind of exam surely?
I'm glad your cat is doing well but Vets bills don't tend to be cheap do they. Fingers crossed you get the right ESA result soon too x

SAM55

Well done on the loss but I think it's a bit off telling you off for not having any shorts! That wouldn't automatically occur to me tbh and they should have a sheet or something to protect your modesty for any kind of exam surely?
I'm glad your cat is doing well but Vets bills don't tend to be cheap do they. Fingers crossed you get the right ESA result soon too x
They were more worried about my modesty than I was - in fact I didn't care less, which is probably a sign of my age and the number of health professionals who have explored my body! The nurse went and rustled up a gown to put over my lap...

I was also given a large booklet on what to expect having the surgery which is very detailed, and includes as day wear to take in 'men should bring shorts and women skirts'. Which century are we in???:mad: