• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

:hugs:@SAM55 I understand totally the PTSD, as suffered with it too but thankfully gone now. It is the hypersensitivity side I hated. Your sensitive hearing could effect it too. Have you had a cold/sinus problem recently I find the tubes being blocked or even the weather esp if heavy when snow due effects it. But yes extra pressure can make it worse too. Try to do relaxing things and I am sure your walking buddy returning and getting out will help release a lot. Have you tried white noise also?
My provider prescribed the D with C in one tablet. You need the ad to absorb the C so you have made right choice starting the D.

Well done on another great weightloss this week:D

I stopped using my sleep apnea machine all together as stopped snoring:oops: a sign it is gone? sounds like you need a smaller size. Mind you having awful nightmares but I think it is rubbish just coming out from daily stress lol! You could ring then and they should fit you in under the circumstances re weightloss.

:hugs:@SAM55 I understand totally the PTSD, as suffered with it too but thankfully gone now. It is the hypersensitivity side I hated. Your sensitive hearing could effect it too. Have you had a cold/sinus problem recently I find the tubes being blocked or even the weather esp if heavy when snow due effects it. But yes extra pressure can make it worse too. Try to do relaxing things and I am sure your walking buddy returning and getting out will help release a lot. Have you tried white noise also?
My provider prescribed the D with C in one tablet. You need the ad to absorb the C so you have made right choice starting the D.

Well done on another great weightloss this week:D

Glad yours has gone - awful condition :(
Certainly notice it is worse when it is foggy. Last cold was in November and don't notice any differences with it.

I stopped using my sleep apnea machine all together as stopped snoring:oops: a sign it is gone? sounds like you need a smaller size. Mind you having awful nightmares but I think it is rubbish just coming out from daily stress lol! You could ring then and they should fit you in under the circumstances re weightloss.
It has been sorted now - they sent me a bigger size. I was told I would have to go back and have another sleep test before mine could be considered to be gone. Certainly my recent experience has shown me I am not there yet. The nightmares were horrendous as I wasn't sleeping so deeply. How I feel afterwards also affects my relationship with food as I feel so awful and want something to make me feel better - carbs!! It sounds like if you are having nightmares since you stopped using it, that you are not sleeping as deeply, and maybe need the hospital to run another sleep test?

It has been sorted now - they sent me a bigger size. I was told I would have to go back and have another sleep test before mine could be considered to be gone. Certainly my recent experience has shown me I am not there yet. The nightmares were horrendous as I wasn't sleeping so deeply. How I feel afterwards also affects my relationship with food as I feel so awful and want something to make me feel better - carbs!! It sounds like if you are having nightmares since you stopped using it, that you are not sleeping as deeply, and maybe need the hospital to run another sleep test?
That's great they sent bigger size. Yes should have another test to be sure oh didn't realise nightmares could be a sign of a problem will mention that. I feel for you re carbs too.

That's great they sent bigger size. Yes should have another test to be sure oh didn't realise nightmares could be a sign of a problem will mention that. I feel for you re carbs too.
If I were you I would start using the machine again and see if they stop. Not everyone understands PTSD! :(

Huge well done on your loss this week, the PJs fitting and the OU assignment! Our emotions have a huge impact on our physical experiences without a doubt as you say. You work so hard to try and stay on top of everything that you certainly deserve to feel some relief from things like PTSD. I have experience of that and we are in a difficult time of year for me right now. I'm having more nightmares etc but I am also finding it that bit easier to be kind to myself and that makes a difference. I'm always around to listen if you need to offload and you're certainly not boring anyone :hugs:

Huge well done on your loss this week, the PJs fitting and the OU assignment! Our emotions have a huge impact on our physical experiences without a doubt as you say. You work so hard to try and stay on top of everything that you certainly deserve to feel some relief from things like PTSD. I have experience of that and we are in a difficult time of year for me right now. I'm having more nightmares etc but I am also finding it that bit easier to be kind to myself and that makes a difference. I'm always around to listen if you need to offload and you're certainly not boring anyone :hugs:
Thanks for your congratulations and your support :) Sorry you are having nightmares too. :( Most of the time it can be my only symptom these days, unless something big kicks off like my daughter emigrating. Hopefully once back in therapy next week I can start to build the trust needed to access the support needed to talk about the things that popped out of Pandora's box just before my last therapist died in Dec 15... Good to know you are there, and likewise me for you. :hugs:

Sun shining today and wind has dropped so managed a walk of just over a mile along by the river. Still feeling a bit wobbly and breathless, but not as bad as the last two walking occasions, of which one was only a couple of hundred yards!

BM's still a struggle :sick0019: but are happening and now have a good magnesium supplement to counteract the extra calcium that my body didn't like, as it supposedly relaxes the colon. More fruit, veg and fibre, whilst still trying to get enough protein and fluids in. Don't want to overdo the laxatives and then not be able to go to the pool tomorrow. :(

Well done on the wall, it's great that you can see the improvement. I really hope it helps get your bowels moving too x

Stressed this evening due to volunteer work and people wanting things at the last minute that they could have done themselves. Very difficult day tomorrow on more than one count with first therapy appointment plus a difficult Board meeting regarding closure and redundancy. Hydro today for an hour - but bowels still not properly functioning. :( Have taken as much lactulose as I dare, so I don't get loo bound in the morning. Trip to buy Movicol for the weekend if no better...

Early night I think :snoopyhouse:

Hi @SAM55 just catching up! Well done on your losses, great news on the pjs and the top and good that you have your apnea machine sorted! Hope your BMs sort themselves out now you have changed the calcium.

Sending you lots of love for tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you x

that is great you don't need your machine anymore I hate mine I hope that I won't need it but have a bit to go yet

Almost a stall today at my weekly weigh-in. 0.1 of a kilo lost, but not surprised as my battle with two week's constipation was finally won yesterday after the extra magnesium 'relaxed my colon' somewhat violently, after extra fibre and veg, at the expense of protein this week, plus less exercise than normal for various reasons, not all of my making.

Saw GP last night and he confirmed my suspicion of the reason behind this bout of constipation was a change of VitD/Calcium supplement, so I was taking in too much calcium on top of the amount I consume from food.

We also talked about my feeling woozy when out walking, and my blood pressure has dropped, so decreasing the medication again by a quarter this time, rather than the half of last time a couple of months ago, as that was too much and it spiked. :( He also wants to me have my blood glucose checked again, in case it is that, and acknowledged he had been remiss in thinking of this as the last one had put me in the normal zone.

He also checked the veins in my leg ( a long time problem caused by my knee) as they have been inflamed for a while keeping me awake at night, and whilst he thinks my legs are not quite ready for support bandages because they may still ruck down, he did say my legs are almost normal sized.:D He is now talking about my having my veins operated on this year, so I don't get problems when I am old:p. I suggested it waited until I had had my knee operated on first, and wasn't up for waiting and having another op yet. Have been prescribed some special cream which is very oily he says to rub in frequently as the skin on my legs is so dry. Something else to remember to doo_O

Is anyone using/have used toning tables? Saw an ad for special offer in my town this week, and GP said he thought it would be a good thing for my muscles on top of my normal exercise at the pool, particularly whilst the weather is gross, and my walking buddy is off sick waiting for her constantly postponed gallstone op, so not going as far as I don't feel confident on my own with the dizzy spells. He said it probably won't make much difference to weight though, but anything that tones muscles is good by me. :)

Has anyone who suffered from sensory overload pre-op from whatever condition, found it has got worse since WLS? I thought mine had settled down once I was past 6 weeks, but it is really bad again, and people talking too much or too loudly, or loud music at a certain pitch, almost makes me collapse!

Have had an exhausting week, particularly last couple of days attached to my laptop typing, so have done very little today other than go for a haircut. Sorry I am not keeping up with people's posts but brain is struggling to find answers to what people have posted. :(

Hey Sam hope you're feeling a little better today. Well done on the loss - it still counts remember ;)

Sorry can't help with the questions regarding muscle toning and sensory.

I've started researching on plastics the past few days for my upper arms. Let me know if you do go to the toning thing will be good to hear from someone who has experienced it.

Hope today is a chilled one for you too. Xx

Just read you're comments about veins ..
I'm at Brentwood varicous vein hosp on the 15th .. I've always had a big vein from my bikini line down to knee cap never been a problem and couldn't really see it ...now after the weight loss it's horrendous it's all bobbly and pertruding and bloody aches.... so I'm seeing what can be done about it ...it looks awful ..another perk of weight loss ...lol x

Attachments

• 20170205_091403.jpg
    20170205_091403.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
Hi @SAM55 sorry you are struggling at the moment, the dizzy spells don't sound pleasant, are you sure you don't need snacks? This is what caused me to go light headed so I try to have protein rich snack mid afternoon and it helped. Although I am sure you will already have ruled that out!

Glad you managed to have a BM! That must have been a relief. I am having issues for the first time but it is due to the codeine I have been taking since my op on Friday so I might need to take something soon! I have been very lucky not to have issues since my bypass.

It is good that your gp thinks your veins could be sorted by an operation - at least you know that will be supported when you are ready. I don't know about toning tables, not really sure what they are!

I also can't answer on the sensory issues but that doesn't sound very nice.

Hope you managed to have a nice weekend and managed to get some rest.

Back