• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

Well I'm glad the pre op went well but I can understand your reluctance about having a spinal rather than a general. Hopefully you can get this sorted before the day of your op x

Hope you get to sort it out Sam before your op day! Glad the preop went well though other than that. See how far you have come in a year!

I have just had a visitor who saw me last time a week before my op last year. She couldn't believe how much weight I had lost and how well I was looking. At the moment I don't feel well but it is good to be reminded of how far I have come, as have you too Hannah. x

2lb off this week and just slipped into the 15's for the second time with a space in between of 2 months! Feeling more delighted:banana_dancer: this time as the past three months have been a struggle :(. Not sure what I am doing differently to make it shift again and I really thought yesterday I would have gained as my jeans have got so tight and chocolate has certainly passed my lips this week on more than one occasion.:rolleyes: That takes me back to my most recent goal of maintaining the weight at least until knee surgery and then a stone to loose afterwards to reach my original goal of 10 stone loss. I am sure it won't be straightforward until I am more mobile again (and boredom post op will be a challenge not to nibble) but certainly a positive start to the next stage :)

Had a lovely two hour walk on Thursday in the dales in very warm sunshine - a real boost to my mood, and an interview yesterday went well (once they had stopped filming) - one more stressful event out of the way. :)

Well done on the loss. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to the pounds dropping. Whatever your doing it's got to be good!!
Walking outside always makes me feel better and the Dales are glorious , I envy you access to them.
Keep going I feel certain you will achieve your goal, in spite of life getting in the way.
Privilaged to be part of such a powerful group of people who are taking an active role to change their mindset in spite on ongoing challenges.

Thanks Nearly :) I need to find a new motivation when op is over, as my mindset definitely started going haywire as soon as they said i could have the knee op, a stone earlier than I was expecting... As someone who never had any desire to loose weight, in fact the opposite until a major event in 2012, it isn't the obvious things that motivate me and my subconscious has to work hard.

Don't knock yourself Sam55. You didn't loose nearly 10 stone by magic.
Once the knee op is done and dusted I have no doubt you will find the motivation to complete your desired loss.
It's hard work full stop, and you have found that motivation before and once your mobility is much better and the pain less your conscious and subconscious will rise to the challenge.
Keep talking and getting support here, let others return the positive input and encouragement you give to others.

Don't knock yourself Sam55. You didn't loose nearly 10 stone by magic.
Once the knee op is done and dusted I have no doubt you will find the motivation to complete your desired loss.
It's hard work full stop, and you have found that motivation before and once your mobility is much better and the pain less your conscious and subconscious will rise to the challenge.
Keep talking and getting support here, let others return the positive input and encouragement you give to others.
Thanks Nearly. You are good at the positive input and encouragement too. x

Well done you, that's great to read x

2lb off this week and just slipped into the 15's for the second time with a space in between of 2 months! Feeling more delighted:banana_dancer: this time as the past three months have been a struggle :(. Not sure what I am doing differently to make it shift again and I really thought yesterday I would have gained as my jeans have got so tight and chocolate has certainly passed my lips this week on more than one occasion.:rolleyes: That takes me back to my most recent goal of maintaining the weight at least until knee surgery and then a stone to loose afterwards to reach my original goal of 10 stone loss. I am sure it won't be straightforward until I am more mobile again (and boredom post op will be a challenge not to nibble) but certainly a positive start to the next stage :)

Had a lovely two hour walk on Thursday in the dales in very warm sunshine - a real boost to my mood, and an interview yesterday went well (once they had stopped filming) - one more stressful event out of the way. :)

Incredible weight loss well done :)

Fingers crossed on the interview! x

Well done hunny on the weight loss. When's the knee op hun? Xxx

Aw hunny what a LONG wait you have had-JUST shows persistence pays off. xxxx

Back